Ampligen drug study

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 17, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Here is a link to the drug and WPI working together to get this drug approved.
    I know nothing about the drug The CDC has not approved it yet.

Here is the link^2271301
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

only brings up an article in another language ?
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

This is another article I saw make sure you read all the way to the end of it.
    I read the other article it was more in depth on business website.
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Try again AuntTammie, it worked for me.

"Hemispherx is collaborating with the Whittemore Peterson Institute, in Reno, Nev., to evaluate the potential role of Ampligen in the clinical treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome patients who have a specific immune deficiency in cell activity."

Wow! That's cool. This is what we've needed, all the players to come together and look for an answer. That will surely defeat the naysayers at other major institutions.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

seriously, my computer has been acting strange lately, but half of the time I haven't been able to tell if it is the computer (which is still pretty new, so should not be acting up), or if it is me (bc I am NOT computer savvy and have been so fogged the last few days I cannot seem to do much rt either - hensue, I so totally understand!)

anyway, I tried it again and still got the foreign lang version, so then I tried only putting part of the link in and got a longer list - much of which was not the article, but down the list I somehow managed to get a link into what looks like someone's email - like they copied the article and sent it to I did finally get to read it, but now I am getting a bit worried about my computer

anyway, the article make it sound a bit more likely that something good could still come out of this whole mess, and the part that teejkay quoted is good
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

from what I read awhile back, people were spending $20,000 a year just on the drug.....that's a huge part of the reason that more people didn't participate in the study
  7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

AuntTammie, that is bizzare! I've been having lots of laptop issues this past week. At least Chat here is working in Firefox as of last night again. Most of my issues have cleared up but some haven't. I think it's been weird ever since Firefox updated.

8. LonelyHearts

LonelyHearts New Member