Ampligen Study - Great news for CFS folks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KellyT, Aug 29, 2002.

1. KellyT

KellyT New Member

I just found out that there are some double-blind, placebo controlled Ampligen studies, still enrolling. These would only give you a 50-50 chance of getting Ampligen, but compare that with our current 0% chance, until the drug clears the FDA's red tape... latest word is this winter, but if tests are still taking place, it's doubtful. It could be another year. And, in a double-blind study, the drug would be free, rather than the current $20,000 cost recovery! The loations are:
    1. Dr. Paul Cimoch, Fountain Valley, Calif.
    2. Dr. Joseph John, New Brunswick, N.J.
    3. Dr. Robert Keller, Hollywood, Fla.
    4. Drs. Ronald Moss and Alex Mercandetti, San Diego, Calif.
    5. Dr. Daniel Peterson, Incline Village, Nev.
    6. Dr. Richard Podell, New Providence, N.J.

You can get more info at www.cfids.org. Hope this helps. Kelly

2. KellyT

KellyT New Member

I just found out that there are some double-blind, placebo controlled Ampligen studies, still enrolling. These would only give you a 50-50 chance of getting Ampligen, but compare that with our current 0% chance, until the drug clears the FDA's red tape... latest word is this winter, but if tests are still taking place, it's doubtful. It could be another year. And, in a double-blind study, the drug would be free, rather than the current $20,000 cost recovery! The loations are:
    1. Dr. Paul Cimoch, Fountain Valley, Calif.
    2. Dr. Joseph John, New Brunswick, N.J.
    3. Dr. Robert Keller, Hollywood, Fla.
    4. Drs. Ronald Moss and Alex Mercandetti, San Diego, Calif.
    5. Dr. Daniel Peterson, Incline Village, Nev.
    6. Dr. Richard Podell, New Providence, N.J.

You can get more info at www.cfids.org. Hope this helps. Kelly

3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Best wishes. Michele
  4. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I called the doctor in hollywood fl and they were already done with one of their studies.I am waiting from a reply from the makers of ampligen,they can only reply to questions through us mail.Anyone interested in that info I will be happy to share.It has alreaDY BEEN SENT.lOVE,tRACEY
  5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Please do let us know what they say. I for one would be interested in where theyre at with this. I think they say this is the last round of testing before the FDA approves it.....AMY