Ampligen, thoughts? interest? anyone game for a try?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnyslumber, May 21, 2009.

1. sunnyslumber

sunnyslumber New Member

Hi Everyone,

Ampligen, the drug that we've all heard so much about and yet probably (or at least speaking for me) don't that know much about is probably going to be approved by the FDA May 25. Based on what I've heard/read from second-hand accounts and browsing some of the news items it seems like some people have an improvement, some people do not, and very few go into remission using this drug. ( ). It seems it is delivered intravenously sort of like the vitamin drips a lot of people have gotten in the past.

My question is, are you interested? Are you willing to give it a try? Waiting for more information? Is there anyone who is definately going to give it a try? If it's approved I imagine at least a large number of insurances will cover it if the patient has been diagnosed.

So what are you guys' thoughts? Do we have any intrepid persons who are definately going to give it a try -if approved.

Wishing you all well, ;)

P.S. I won't have computer access for the next few days so please don't think me rude for not responding to your posts. I will definately read them all after that.
  2. outofstep

outofstep Member

Japanese govt. is doing research re: adding it in their flu vaccines.
    IMO I don't see how this will work for anyone who does not have immune disfunction and chronic viral infections.