Amygdala retraining.....continue to improve.. Dr.Charles Lapp and Ashok

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by efly, Mar 4, 2009.

1. efly

efly New Member

Hi ,
    Just to update my progress on the Ashok Gupta programme.
    Dr Charles Lapp and Ashok are getting together to do trials on his work.
    Ashok is presenting at the Reno conference in March.

A year ago ...bedridden for the last 10 months,severe pain.mcs.diarrohea,light sensitivity,migraines,,etc etc
    walking round 8 blocks every day[up hills as well]
    driving car[first time in 3 years]
    up at 6am,gardening ...up all day.
  2. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Efly,

Thanks so much for the update, and congratulations on your remarkable progress.

My partner is a professional therapist and has gotten some training recently in EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). Apparently a number of therapists are using EFT to modulate amygdala and other brain activity. I anticipate delving into this more in the near future. Your success is an inspiration for me to make it higher priority.

Best, Wayne
  3. dhamma

dhamma New Member

Hi efly, Thank you for the wonderful update. I'm really happy for you. How do you keep yourself motivated and diciplined enough to stay with the program? I purchased it about 4 months ago and use the tools sporadically. I can't seem to stick with it in a consistent manner. When I've used the program fairly regularly it's helped to decrease my fibromyalgia symptoms somewhat. But apparently not enough to keep me going with the program. I work 40 hours a week and just can't seem to fit all of the retraining procedures into my day. Any suggestions?
    Take care,

LISALOO New Member

WHile I think it has some benefits for my mental health, after 6 months, my post external malaise has not changed. I can't do anything more than before the program. I still can't go out shopping more than 15 minutes.

Yes, I don't say to myself, I'll get really tired afterwards. I imagine being healthy, and doing an activity and having health and fitness afterwards. I don't concentrate on my body while doing an activity as said by Gupta, still nilch![This Message was Edited on 03/05/2009]
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

how can this work??? i have a viral infection. i know that for a fact. how can it work???
  6. efly

efly New Member

Hi Ladybugmandy.
    The physiology is as follows. [ simply put]

The brain[Amygdala] is stimulating the immune system and the sympathetic Nervous system...abnormally[all the time ,we have no control over this].Because the immune system is stressed from all this stimulation,its lost its ability to function normally and therefore it cannot fight the viruses etc that take hold.So as you use Ashoks programme you gradually normalise the immune system and its ability to fight , slowly the body can repair itself.
    hope this helps
  7. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

8. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Thanks so much for bumping your posts (if you're the one who bumped them). The threads helped me decide about Ashok. I still don't think there is such a thing as "the one right answer" to any problem in life. I'm glad you've improved so much. I'm still skeptical, and I may or may not try it. I haven't decided yet. I'm interested in some of the other modalities mentioned as well. My therapist said that Cognitive Behavioral therapy is very effective. I still don't know if this is really CB or not. So did Dr. Lapp do the clinical trials or not? That's what I'd really like to know, as Dr. Lapp is/was my doctor, until he got so busy I can't seem to make any appointments with him. I also can't seem to get in touch with him, but I'll try. Thanks again--no arguments from me. I'm just being honest.
  9. shachar

shachar New Member

I would be careful with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Research shows that for many people it doesn't work. Also be very careful with increasing your activity level. Usually this is a part of the Cogn. Beh. Therapy, and I know of people who increased too much because they were told to do so in the therapy and had very bad crashes.

My two cents ..............

10. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Thanks Shacar.
  11. scott_45242

scott_45242 New Member

Just my two cents worth. I have been using it in for three months and have had no improvements. I think if you have the money it is worth a try. You never know, and there are not many choices out there.