an addition to the post on Weird..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsBrandywine, Feb 7, 2012.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I was going to post this on the Thyroid board but noticed the dates posted and not many go in.. but from some of what I have read.. Alot of us that have the Fibro.. have this along with it.......
    here is what i Posted..

So I posted something on the Fibromyalgia board.. about my heart feels like it is racing at times.. This morning it woke me up while sleeping and it started up.. I am taking 100 mcg's of Synthroid.. and for whatever reason all of a sudden I wondered if it could be from my thyroid?
    As I said I woke up with it like that, and I called 911 and the Ambulance came and checked me,,, They said my blood pressure was good and my heart rate but my breathing was a bit high.
    Im not sure if it is coming from my neck area on the right side first when I feel it and hear it or my stomach for I am having issues with the Gerd right now too.. Anyone have any Ideas on this?
    As I said I posted this under Weird on the other board..
    it is really scarey when it does it.. sometimes it does it and it isn't so bad and then sometimes its like my neck muscles just feel like someone is there squeezing them .. muscle spasms I guess but.. It is really scarey and Not sure what to do..
    Have been to the Er on Friday because of it.. They say my heart is fine?
    It hurts across my chest bone and always get pains and aches all over my chest but sometimes on that bone area.. and when it gets cold it is worse..
    Have been feeling like chills.. then like I have a low grade fever which comes and goes.......... ugh..
    So Anyone have any suggestions.. thank You so much in advance..

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A nurse told me that mine have gone away because, evidently, I have my thyroid and other hormones in balance. Perhaps you should see an endocrinologist. Even though they told you your heart is fine, it might not hurt to have a cardio workup too. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

It is on my list of things to do today.. that and see a Rhemy Dr..
    God Bless and Thank You for replying..
    Hugs, Deb~
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Keep us updated on what you find out. One thing which often happens is that docs will assume we are fine and attribute our symptoms to our conditions. We may have other conditions or other things going on. Any new symptom needs to be checked out.

Heart conditions aren't always consistently evident. Also, docs can make mistakes or be sloppy. Everyone in my family dies of heart attacks so I am extra careful. I wasn't satisfied until I passed my cardiac workup with flying colors.

My ex almost died from blockages and had to have a six-bypass surgery. Come to find out, the heart problems were evident on his EKG's taken prior to both knee replacement surgeries years before. I can understand their missing the problem on one, but two! Everything was blocked 90 percent by the time they did surgery and the doc didn't know how he was still alive.

Sorry, not trying to scare you. I'm just so tired of bad docs and poor medical care. I've been very fortunate in that most of my docs have been very good but one nurse practitioner was the worst. I kicked her to the curb and never looked back. I don't have time to indulge bad providers. If only they could walk in our shoes one day...

Love, Mikie