An Answer?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emah, Jul 18, 2011.

1. emah

emah Member

There just has to be an answer for this malady. I am miserable. It seems like each time I go to one of my doctors there is a new finding. Now on top of FM, arthritis, and palodromic sydrome, I have arthritis and bone spurs on my hip. :(

As I type this, I am in pain that will not rest even for a minute in my neck, shoulder and traps. I am so tired. Pain meds are not doing anything. Oh, and I tested positive for lupus but I don't have it which means I have the antibodies, so I guess that is good.

I just had to vent to those I knew would have some understanding. Taking a shower is painful. There just has to be an answer.

Sorry to take up your time. I haven't been here in a while but I think I need to make this site one of my frequent internet stops. Thanx for being here.
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh goodness, don't ever apologize for taking up someone's time! That's why we're all here - for support!

I really am sorry about the amount of pain you're in. I understand being in such pain that you want out of your body, you can't just want SOME relief. Sometimes a good cry helps me. Well I don't know if it helps my pain, but because I act so stoic sometimes, you gotta let loose and realize that at times it seems more than one can bear. will and are bearing it.

How is your Dr.? Is he/she helpful, compassionate, working with you on getting your pain under control? I know that there isn't much to do sometimes than treat the symptoms and pain with FM, if only just to get the pain down 50% on bad days - heck even 25%!

I say pamper the hell out of yourself. Do you get any benefit out of a heating pad? I'd say a warm bath but I have no experience with that as I hate getting out so I don't get in too often.
    Do you have any muscle relaxers? Do they help at all?

I hope that you get some relief soon. Some days are worse than others, so hoping that some good days are ahead for you!

3. emah

emah Member

Thank you for responding to my post. Thank you also for your understanding and support.

I have a really good pain doctor and good rhematologist. I wish you could just go to one doctor but I have several. All have passed my test so far.

I think my pain meds need to be increased and/or changed. I feel like I am getting worse but I just keep going. I live in an apartment so I have access to a pool. I am 59 yrs old and am learning how to swim. I go to the pool 5-6 times per week. It is the only place where sometimes I feel no pain and at the most, minimal pain. I told my husband it is my way of getting high.

I don't see my doctor until August 1. I've received a shot in my hip joint but they just did one side and it seems to help. I do not want to end up in an orthopedic surgeons office.

I like your idea of pampering myself. When I read it. I was like, how do I do that and how do I do that and not feel guilty?

I am going to use a back massger coupled with a heating pad today after my time in the pool.

Again thank you. I have to believe that this too will pass.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

emah - you might try magnesium oil (available at health food stores, Swanson Vitamins, etc.) for your arthritis. I have recommended it to several people who have had good luck using it on their knees and other joints. It's been helping me with low back pain. It can sting a little when first applied but that stops quickly.

I hope you get some relief!

5. emah

emah Member

Thank you for the suggestion of magnesium oil. I am going to try and get some this weekend. Oh, How I hope it works. Praying for your pain free day.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2011]
  6. emah

emah Member

Thanx for your support and honesty. I do have a couple of questions. What is DMSO oil and OA?

I am planning to get the magnesium oil this weekend or sooner if I can get a ride.

You are right about the guilt. I just get so tired sometimes. Thank you again .
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2011]
  7. emah

emah Member

Your post sounded so much like what I experience but verbalized a lot better than I could.

It is like anything I do takes so much effort. Even typing has recently become painful. I agree with everything you had to say. Thank you for reminding me I am not alone.