An Embarrassing Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, Jul 24, 2006.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

So--have any of you dealt with this? I went to the doc. No bladder infection, but the symptoms of a bladder infection. Is this another CFIDS problem? No fever. Just frequency. I'm getting darned tired of it. I'm just about ready to go back to the doctor and insist on medication, but if it is CFIDS related, it would be a waste of time. Any comments?
  2. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i had all these problems for about 6 months. Sometimes I would go into the bath and nothing would come out. Then if it did it hurt soooo bad.

I would get up about 6 times a night and was so tired.

And then. there have beenn times, sad to say,i that i didn't make it there. Then I had to change all the bottomi clothes, clean up, and wipe up the floor in there the best i could. Disgusting!!!!

i went to the Dr. about 2 weeks ago and he took a sample - no infection but apparently something was in the urine that showed him and I DID hurt.

ji am on a patch, one goes on on Tues, it comes off and another goes on on Fri. It IS helping - maybe up only 1 or 2 times.

I have had one accident but not a bad one.

Oh, to be a woman~~~~~~~.

he also said I may need the uretha dialated.

Please go to your Dr. -i he maybe can help you.

Good LUCK,

joan
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I had this problem a month or so ago then it disappeared as quickly as it started.

My Dr said it could be a ovaian cyst pressing on the bladder making you feel like you have to go all the time.

If I drink cola/caffeine products it will hurt when I go until the cola is out of my system.

I hope you feel better soon-Carla
  4. gotyakat

gotyakat New Member

Hi MsE,
    I've had the same problem. I have cfids/fm and many other diagnosis. But my bladder over the past few years have become more weak! Check with a gyn and make sure that your bladder isn't dropping!! Just w/in the past two weeks, I have actually woke up in the morning with a wet sheet below me. Thank God, I'm alone! lol I have to make many more trips to the bathroom during the day, and after going, feel like I gotta go again! Ask about chucks. These are just like pads, but are bigger, you wear just like a pad, but it protects you if you happen to have a leakage problem! Good Luck!
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

Thanks, all of you, for writing. All your comments have encouraged me to go back to the doctor. I've an appointment for tomorrow. One of you suggested it could be a "dropped bladder." Can that happen all at once? And someone else said an ovarian cyst could cause this pressure. Hmmm. Again, can that show up all at once?
  6. MsE

MsE New Member

I noticed that this post of mine was started twice. One "issue" is at the top of the line of posts; then it showed up again farther down. I replied to the one farther down and then tried to delete it, but it didn't work. I'll just reply to the postings at the top of the forum posts from now on. I don't know how that happened, but...it did.
  7. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

my doc gave me medication. Medication along with retraining yourself worked for me. I can't remember what the first one was but now it is Vesicare. Be sure to check that you don't have an underlying problem like diabetes first which can also cause frequent urination.
  8. It is sometimes a part of fibro. But it also could be interstital cystitis or IC. Put it in search and you will find alot of info. Also like some say , sometimes we need to be stretched, it is quick and doesn't really hurt. I hope you have a followup appt. It sure is miserable.
    Teas, coffee, and soda pop make it worse along with spicey foods. Uristat helps, its over the counter.
  9. SweetT

SweetT New Member

restroom.

When I drink diet drinks with aspartame or splenda, i'm up 10-15 times per night, urinating. And yes, ALOT does come out each time. No infection or anything like that. I was offered medication but I just try to stay at places where I have easy access to a restroom, as I'm afraid of side effects of medication.
  10. MsE

MsE New Member

It seems that every single time I bring up some odd whatever to this group, there are others who have been there and done that. It is extremely reassuring to learn that I'm not alone. Again. Thank you, all of you, answering.

One thing though--did any of you have this come on suddenly rather than sneak up on you a bit at a time? This hit like a ton of bricks very quickly.
  11. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I have really bad interstitial cystitis as part of this DD too. There are may treatments & medications. Here's the IC Network message board, which is run by nurses:

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/index.php

The IC diet avoids sodas, caffeine, tomatoes, citrus, spices, chocolate etc. You could cut out all fruit & reintroduce them one at a time to see which makes you flare. I only drink water.

Taking Prelief with food will alkalise it.

You need to ask to be referred to a urologist!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  12. MsE

MsE New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I have bookmarked the site for further study.
  13. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Also check out Cysta-Q....do a web search. It's a product (natural supplement) made for this bladder inflammation that feels like an infection but isn't.

I used to have this problem more years ago, hasn't come up too much lately except when I'm extremely overtired. I keep Cysta-Q on hand, but don't take it daily anymore.

You might want to check it out...and avoid cranberry juice! It helps in the case of a true bladder infection, but is bad for cystitis or bladder inflammation. Cysta-Q contains cranberry powder which is non-acidic.

Hugs,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  14. MsE

MsE New Member

Well, I went back to the doctor today. They did another urinalysis and guess what? Yep. Bladder infection. Evidently the person who did the first test, at a different clinic, goofed.

So now I'm on Cipro with instructions to make another appointment in a few days if I'm still miserable. They also are doing a culture to rule out anything especially yucky and a blood test for kidney problems. I am sooooo disgusted. The clinic I had gone to, in desperation, last week because my usual people were totally booked up, had goofed, I guess. Supposedly I'll feel better by tomorrow morning. I sure hope so.

My thanks to all of you for your input. If, by some chance, the Cipro doesn't work, the next step will be to rule out interstitial cystitis, I guess. Thanks to all of you, I now know something about that. It ain't pretty, huh? Please. Lord, let the Cipro work!