an engineer's advice to surgeons

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by herbr, Oct 18, 2010.

  1. herbr

    herbr New Member

    As a non medically trained engineer that is being beset by arthritic pain in my fingers and lower back; here's the latest brainstorm. Well, sirs, how about a minimally invasive method of inserting a pad, or small sheet, of adhesive coated material to replace the cartilage that previously separated the joint: say,silicone or synthetic coated teflon?
  2. stick2013

    stick2013 Member

    Wouldn't it be best if you asked this question to a surgeon, or someone that is qualified to answer this??????

    I agree that arthritis SUCKS!!!!!!!!
  3. TwoCatDoctors

    TwoCatDoctors New Member

    I have arthritis in the knees. Isn't arthritis in both the bones and the cartilage? So wouldn't you have to come up with something to treat both areas otherwise you are still dealing with arthritic bone? My Mom has rheumatoid arthritis and I remember her mother had some type of arthritis too. Thanks, a thought provoking post

[ advertisement ]