An extra scripture for today

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Jul 17, 2002.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

1 Peter 3:8 - 14

8 Now finally, all of you should be like-minded and sympathetic, should love believers, and be compassionate and humble, 9 not paying back evil for evil or insult for insult but, on the contrary, giving a blessing, since you were called for this, so that you can inherit a blessing. 10 For the one who wants to love life and to see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit, 11 and he must turn away from evil and do good. He must seek peace and pursue it, 12 because the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are open to their request. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. 13 And who will harm you if you are passionate for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear or be disturbed, 15 but set apart the Messiah as Lord in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you.

Dear Lord, please hear my prayer. My heart is crying today for the unkindness being heard among my friends on this Board. Please bless these people with compassion and the gift of sight, so they can see they are hurting others with their biting words. I hang my head in shame as I witness these acts, for Satan has inflicted the pain that some are feeling from these harsh words. Almighty God, I beg you to stop these defiled acts and restore peace to every human on this Board. I pray these words through tears. Amen

2. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Thank you. You have such a good heart. Heaven certainly has a special place for you!

ssMarilyn :)
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Deena, that is a most wonderful Scripture, and a most heart felt prayer.

Sometimes people have to be separated in order for us to see the error of our ways, and to maintain peace.

I thank you for your kindness in prayer and your God given insight.

Your blessings will be numerous, as He says; 'Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the Children of God'. Matthew 5;8.

Again I thank God for your presence on this board.

Shalom, Shirl