An introduction about me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nktigger99, Jun 4, 2003.

1. nktigger99

nktigger99 New Member

Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. I am Nichole. I am 21 years old. I am married to a wonderful guy named Kris who is active duty military. We are stationed in Germany right now. We have no children.

I was DX with fibro in Feb. but have had symptoms for a few years...even back in Jr. High school. I also have IBS, and depression. I take Bentyl,elevil,celexa,Lopramide, and just started on Ultrum. The Ultrum makes me very tired...but hopefully it gets better soon.

I work a full-time job as a office automation clerk (aka paper person). Sometimes I think that it is to much for me but not sure I am willing to give it up yet. I have good days and bad as everyone does. I try to stay active...force myself to do things most weekends.

I am also looking for a place that talkes about housekeeping and things like that with Fibro and other illness like it.

Well...I am happy to be here and look forward to chatting with you guys.

Nichole
  2. nktigger99

nktigger99 New Member

I am on Tramadol HCL...not sure if it is Generic or not. I go to a military pharmacy so they just give me what they have I can't ask for the regular or generic. My dr and the pharmicist are hopefull that it will work.

I got one more blood test done yesterday that will take about a week to get back. Then I see my dr in two weeks to talk about getting a MRI/CAT scan or a bone scan done on my back since I have been having so much trouble with it. I do have some weird looking hip bones from what the dr says. So we will see what happens.

Right now I am trying to only take the Ultrum when I really need it...Working with it is so hard.

Nichole
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Nichole, welcome to our world. Glad you found the board.

I sure hope the doctors find something to help you, you are so young to have this illness. It really sucks!

Can't help personally with your meds, only thing I take is Xanax for racing brain syndrome, but others will be sharing with you.

Compliments to your husband Kris, and you. I am big fan of the military and do appreciate all that they stand for.

Also the families like yourself, you all are a great bunch of people for serving your country.

Again, welcome to the board, I do hope we can help you have a better quality of life. We do have some wonderful, friendly and well informed people here concerning these illnesses.

Shalom, Shirl