An unusual problem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Ok, here's an unusual question for you all:

--About a couple days ago I got really ill feeling. I woke up sore from head to toe (i cried it was that bad). That day me and husband had a doctors appointment with the same dr. So he tells the doctor he was worried about me because I was really pale and had sleeped the whole day. The doctor tells him the paleness is from the Fibromyalgia.. Can that be? Never heard of Fibromyalgia causing paleness.

Thanx
  2. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Ok, here's an unusual question for you all:

--About a couple days ago I got really ill feeling. I woke up sore from head to toe (i cried it was that bad). That day me and husband had a doctors appointment with the same dr. So he tells the doctor he was worried about me because I was really pale and had sleeped the whole day. The doctor tells him the paleness is from the Fibromyalgia.. Can that be? Never heard of Fibromyalgia causing paleness.

Thanx
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I do have a Pale look that I didn't before, I use a lighter makeup because of it.
    Maybe one reason is because we don't get out as often as we use to. Also when I have bad Pain, I get real white in the face, and sometimes I Bust out in a cold sweat.

We do have a lot of Weird symptoms don't we.
    Be sure to use a Sunscreen with ph15, I also use a moisturizer that has Ph30 in it to help protect my skin.

Hope you have a Painfree and Stressfree day,
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

about that being part of Fibro, but I am always pale. My skin is considered olive, but when I'm in a lot of pain and really achy I am very pale. Everyone comments on how pale I am and have the dark circles under my eyes.

Dara
  5. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

When I was young I would stay pale.. They said it was due from a lack of iron.. Until one day they decided to put me on iron tabs and I started nose bleeds. But that was like when I was 15-18 years old. They never once ran tests to see if it was low. That was there idea of a pale face.

I do have dark circles around my eyes..

I do notice I become very dizzy and sick to my stomach alot of times. It feels like someone gave me a shot but to withdrawl all of my energy. Also, most of the time I do feel this way I tend to feel foggy upstairs. I will constantly trip over things because I just cant concentrate enough to even care. Does that make any since?
    Its like a numbness that comes over the body like no response in or out of the body.

--kredca4--
    Response to your post.. I have a allergic reaction to the sun. I get hives all over my face and my blood pressure goes nutz. My doctor doesnt want me over doing it outside, just because he's not sure if it's the sun or the heat.

6. sean

sean New Member

Yes I have read paleness/anaemia are symptoms sometimes assioated with fibromyalgia, a few weeks back when I was really bad with the fibro this happened to me. I was really ill, very pale, and had a low grade fever got migrating pains, very, very scary worst ever. This happened over a 2 to 3 week period. The pains were aching, stabbing, burning you name it. They just about effected every part of my body. At it's worst I couldn't write for immense pain in my hand and fingers, There were times when my neck went stiff and I dare not move it, but the pains would never stop in one place for too long. Nothing suprises me with this condition, it can be really bad at times. I watch what I eat now (sugar a no, no) I Exercise, making sure I don't over do it, and I quit taking the anti-inflammatory tablet the doc prescribed, I don't know whether it is coincidence, but I started to feel better, and so far touch wood I havent been as bad since. Once you understand serious pain does not necessarily mean a serious problem, It becomes a little easier to cope with. Fibromyalgia is a very strange condition, it causes neurological pain all over the body head to toe. The pain can manifest as burning, aching, stinging, or stabbing pain.
  7. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

My husband always knows when I'm feeling my absolute worst because I'm so pale and very 'blank' looking. On days like that its scary to look in the mirror - I look dead! Never thought to ask doctor just assume it goes along with everything else.
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It could be a reaction to some of the Meds causing you problems with being outside. Like Cipro, I take that when I have a bladder infection and it say's to avoid the sun/ also sulfur drugs, I think that's right. If I'm wrong some one will let us know. lol...............................
    There a are couple that I have been on that caused me to have a reaction like you described. Rahes, abd blotchy skin, and then the skin burns sometimes too.

That's why I use the Spf 30, and I usually do all my errands early before the Sun get's to high in the sky, and the day gets hot.
    Fufn huh? ;o)

Sincerely
    kredca4
  9. herblady

herblady New Member

a lot of times when i'm having a flare i'm told i look pale. and i'm not fair complected so it really shows. i never thought it was the fm, i get pale when i get any kind of sickness. cindi