Anagrams Word Game

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Jul 2, 2018.

1. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

I always looked younger than my age, until...ever since around age 55 everyone thinks I'm my husband's mother. He's a year older than me, but he hasn't aged like I have.

22. What the ivy grows on - VINE
    A body of minerals in a rock - VEIN

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Patti, I know what you mean. Ever since I started getting sick with ME/CFS (and a cast if thousands), I have aged rapidly. I think part of looking so much older is from the lack of exercise, not wearing makeup, and hardly ever smiling or being happy, as well as being so sick and in so much pain. Being cut off from all of life and being pushed around in a wheel chair is no way to live. If life gets any suckier I don't know what I'll do. Seriously. GB
    hangininthere likes this.
  3. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

GB, I've been a hermit all my life so being housebound isn't so hard on me, I actually like it. It's having to get out to store or appointments that I hate, especially with no energy, it's hideous. I actually enjoyed being in my wheelchair compared to having to walk. But now I'm back to walking in stores since my hub is crippled with pain and can't push me in it anymore.

I remember you saying you would dread having to live with your kids. I can't burden my handicapped son with my care when I can't function on my own anymore. I'll just go to a nursing home when the time comes that I have to lie down and quit.

Could you and hub move to an assisted living apartment? I know it would be hard to leave your home of years. You would probably consider that having no life, though. I myself would hate depending on strangers coming in to help cook and clean and bathe me, since I don't trust anybody.

How is your daughter doing?

Patti
    gb66 likes this.
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Patti, We have looked into assisted living apts. but they are way out of our price range. I would move to one if we could afford it. There's a nice one about three blocks from where we live but it's about 3 or 4 thousand a month for two people.

I was always a homebody too but after the kids grew up I went back to college part-time. I had CFS/FM by then but didn't know what it was, kept thinking I'd get well. I don't really mind being home now but I do hate that I cannot visit with anyone or have company anymore. Just too stressful. I miss going on vacations too. We loved to go to the mountains and the beach.

My daughter is doing well. Thanks for asking. She is finished with the chemo and radiation for now. My hubby is doing well too. He never did get his energy back after the radiation treatments though. GB
    hangininthere likes this.