Analogy to explain FMS to others

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KS-Nancy, Dec 12, 2002.

1. KS-Nancy

KS-Nancy New Member

I've had fairly well controlled fibro for several years now, but I still occassionally get a flare up. Yesterday I had a wreck and ran my car head on into a tree (luckily I had my seat belt on). Today the aches and pains feel almost exactly like a fibro flare. So if you are ever trying to explain to a "normal" what a fibro flare feels like you can tell them, "You feel like you would the day after you had a head on collision in a car with a tree." People seem to be able to relate to that!
  2. KS-Nancy

KS-Nancy New Member

I've had fairly well controlled fibro for several years now, but I still occassionally get a flare up. Yesterday I had a wreck and ran my car head on into a tree (luckily I had my seat belt on). Today the aches and pains feel almost exactly like a fibro flare. So if you are ever trying to explain to a "normal" what a fibro flare feels like you can tell them, "You feel like you would the day after you had a head on collision in a car with a tree." People seem to be able to relate to that!
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Nancy, I will remember that one. I sure hope you are alright? I have never hit a tree, but I do know they don't move!

I live in the country, and I am always telling my friends/family that visit me to always be careful, as trees don't move, deer, cattle and horses are always jumping out at you when you least expect them in this area!

Never thought to relate that to Fibro pain.

Shalom, Shirl

4. tamara!

tamara! New Member

You are so right, I was in 2 accidents, and I was hit by moving objects, but it does feel a lot like that and then some.
    TAMARA!