And because I'm back...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Callum, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

I felt I had to change my pic in my profile.

From November's "The Lion in Winter"

I'm the one with the beard...

2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

An actor. Wow. I'd have trouble remembering the lines with my fibro-fog!

I know it is cold in Chicago, the windy city. I used to live outside of Joliet. BURRRRRRRRRRRR!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Haha. Is for to laff!

Nice pic. Nice costumes. Nice ring. Glad to see your back...and also your front.

4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Thank for sharing, you do remind me of an Actor, even without the beard, ;o)

I love the Stage, my Mom was very involved in Musicals, and I grew up loving the Show's I got to see.

I see you live in Chicago, maybe you can answer a ? for me, I am writting my Bio, lol, for family mainly.
    I have been trying to find a certain Theater there, back in 65, and it was located in Old Town, within walking distance of the Hotel I was staying at.
    Which is now a Days Inn.

Could you give me some idea of where it might be?
    I have some St. names, but when I google in , I can't seem to get my barings.

Nice to see your hanging around, after all, I'll post the info i have, if your able to help, your probably to Young, to remember some of the places I was at, and I know that redevelopment, has really cropped up there, just like it has here.

They tear down the Beautiful Old Building, and put in Class ones, or "Parking Lots' like in that song, lol

Thanks for any help you can give me,

5. rockgor

Here's a small world/Chicago anecdote for you.

I used to buy lots of postcards (which I guess have been replaced by e mails now). Often found shoeboxes of old cards in thrift shops.

My grandmother lived in Chicago. My Aunt lived in Evanston w/ her family.

A decade ago I sent my aunt an old post card. Showed some colorful old restaurant in Chicago w/ outdoor tables and a European look. My guess is the postcard was from the 40s.

My aunt was thrilled. "Your granmother and I used to go to that restaruant for special occasions. You know she ordinarily didn't drink, but when we went there she would have a Martini. She thought it was very festive."

I bought that card on a trip to Portland or Seattle; can't remember. Wonder how it got there. And what are the odds someone from CA would buy it and find a family connection?

6. Callum

Callum New Member

I will check it out and see what I can find out. I have only lived here about 9 years, but my partner grew up in Chicago, as did both his parents, so I bet you they might know something.

You're mom was in musical theatre when you were growing up? That must have been exciting to be around at a young age!

I'll let you know what I find out!

7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Fabulous pic! You look great! Now I want to see the one with your "period 1937" haircut and pencil-thin mustache you mentioned in your other post! Lol, sounds like you are not to fond of the new look. Have a great evening over there in Chicago. Kim :)
  8. Callum

Callum New Member

I'll try to have a good evening - it decided to get cold here this week! I hope things are warmer in Southern Cal!

I am NOT fond of the look! People I see at the gym all the time have been giving me funny looks, like "who would choose to do that to themselves?"

Oh, well... just six more weeks <sigh>

Take care!

9. kholmes

kholmes New Member

And great picture. What lines were you saying just before this?

I'll have to mull over my choices for your great "three books for a desert island" post.

10. Callum

Callum New Member

Henry: Do you remember when we met?
    Eleanor: Down to the hour and the color of your stockings.
    Henry: I could hardly see you for the sun light...
    Eleanor: It was raining, but no matter.
    Henry: There was very little talk as I recall.
    Eleanor: Very little.

Of course, we were right back at each others throats in about two minutes...

I can't wait for your three picks!

11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm so glad you cleared that up. ;>)

12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Great scene, Callum. Ever act in or see Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Now if Henry and Eleanor got together with that couple, THAT would be a play.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/29/2007]
  13. Callum

Callum New Member

Virginia Woolf - I have been told that I would make an excellent George, but the concern is always my size (I'm built like a linebacker). Who plays the younger football player, then.

Funny story: I was teaching Basic Acting for non-majors at a Big Ten University, and I had one of my students make up an absence by watching and writing a paper on the Mike Nichols movie of "Virginia Woolf". I knew he hadn't watched it when he wrote about "Virginia and her husband, Mr. Woolf".

14. rockgor

I guess he would think "The Sandbox" is about nursery school.

And "The Corn is Green" takes place on a farm in Iowa.

"The Milk Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore"; obviously set in a ghost town.

"The Boys in the Band"; biography of Lawrence Welk.

And so on and so on as P. G. Wodehouse used to say.
  15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Glad you reconsidered and came back....Yeh.

You look the part-is that Shakespeare?

Love Annie
  16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

So glad to see you back and posting. Wonderful pic as!

Nancy B