and other FMers have more pain when humidity rises?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Apr 5, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

Hi all.
    It's suddenly pretty humid and warm in my area today.

While I did overdo physical activity over the weekend, I am hurting so bad today.

I'm wondering if the sudden rise in humidity has something to do with my pain, also? I can't for the life of me remember last year when the season changed to Spring and the humidity rose if it made everything more painful.

Anyone else with FM experience this?

2. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi Loto, I always hurt more when a storm is brewing or when its raining/damp and no amount of morphine will touch the pain. It stinks as I used to love the rains of spring , loved to nap or sleep with a gentle rain before I got fibro. Now I cant enjoy it as I know with the rain/humidity comes severe pain and no sleep. Take care and God Bless
  3. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

Oh, ya, I live and die by the weather changes it seems. Maybe you figured it out that it is the humidity that is the factor. There might be a lot of factors at play.

The one I thought was the big deal is BAROMETRIC PRESSURE. I have a weather gauge thing on my wall that shows Barometric pressure and when it is high I am doing better and when it drops I suffer. My muscle cramps are definately worse on those days, whatever is doing it.
  4. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I've had FM for about 5 years. Recently it has become very warm and humid in my area also. I have pain in areas that I have never had before - and no amount of narcotics will make it go away.

I usually get more pain when the weather changes - but this time is the worst!!

I also see my rheumatoid arthritis is acting up - having alot of painful finger joints - which hasnt been an issue in quite a few months also.
  5. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member too. My husband doesn't even have to watch the weather channel any more!! :)
  6. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I didnt realize it until this year. I noticed that last summer I was hurting more than normal, and then when spring hit, and it warmed up here, the very first day I was huring something awful! Then I finally figured it out. My pain pills are just not doing it. I go to my doctor this thursday, and I hope that she can give me something that will help. I really dont want something stronger, but when the pain kicks in, I take it anyway!

I wonder why the heat makes it worse?

7. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

My hubby also doesn't watch the weather channel anymore unless it's to check the barometric pressure.
    My pain begins two days before a storm, right when the barometric pressure changes
    it's like it is squeezing you to death.
    However, my son in law who has FM feels it the night before a storm hits. Just like everything else with FM, everyone is a bit different.
  8. loto

loto Member

all for your replies.
    I don't know why the humidity makes my pain worse. Winter and cold weather makes it bad too, so when do we get a break??? LOL

I'll be glad when the weather here somehow levels out. It's so windy, and has been for 2 weeks now, and tomorrow it's supposed to be stormy, cool off for a couple of days, and then warm back up on the weekend. The ups and downs of weather patterns makes us all have ups and downs.