and the official name for the flashing lights in my case is,.,,,,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Jan 27, 2003.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

frequent classic opthalmic migraines. Fancy that.... this eye doctor today says "lady this is real.... its a neuro problem" I just laughed and said " I keep telling em that".... mmmm... anyone else heard these words before>?> just curious?
  2. mellow

mellow New Member

I get ziz-zag lines across my eyes (usually only one at a time) and it can last for up to 10 minutes. I don't have any pain. I was told by an optometrist that they were visual migraines. I used to suffer with very bad migraine headaches but don't get these anymore. My doctor didn't seem too concerned when I mentioned them to him - he did check my eyes. I don't get them regularly but never know when one will hit. I would definitely like to find out more. Mellow
  3. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

about having "flashing vision" and got an enormous response...and the typical one was that I was having mini-type migraines of some sort. I have regular migraine occassionaly, with the zig zag lines and then the headache, but this is different...the lights flicker like a candle flickers...do you know what I mean? Is that what you're experiencing? If so, what do we do about them?

1Writer
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Back before the antibiotic treatment when I had migraine-type headaches, I would sometimes get the flickering lights before the onset of the headaches. I'm glad you had it checked out to ensure it isn't an eye problem. Our illnesses are known to produce this type of headache.

Love, Mikie