And the stupid question that State DI asked me today?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Feb 2, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Do you think that I will be disabled forever? How the heck do I know?!!!! I told him that I don't him I don't know. I had an appeals hearing with CA State Disability EARLY this morning and it's like they have to visually SEE that you are ill. So frustrating but I am done with the state and moving on to federal and try for SSI.

So I am speaking into the recorder and he is like talk louder and I am talking louder and louder killing my poor voice and realized the judge can't hear a lick, and I am like ooooh how lovely. LOL...so today I cried a lot because I am in just so much pain and to be treated like a liar by state disability is disheartening.

Anyhoo that was just a stupid question to ask, should have asked him if he was mocking me or something....oooooyyyy!

Nicole

2. kch64

kch64 New Member

Tell them that at this time there is no cure for this illness, so yes, it is indefinate.

sorry for your upset.

K.
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I have been pretty much dealing with the state as they are small potatoes and I need to just move on to the federal and apply for SSI. That will be a fight within itself but rather deal with federal than state. So that whenever I get approved for SSI and then I can go back to the state and be like SEE!! NOW give me my Medi-Cal benefits.

Having this illness is such a fight. Always have to be fighting....well time to eat something, and keep my bed company and listen to some music.

*Much hugs!*

Nicole

[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Maybe it is one of those questions they need to ask. I spent about thirty minutes on the phone signing DH into new Medicare drug program(he is disabled and yes the drug program that is not working!) and so, she already knew he was disabled, not a senior, but had to ask a whole list of questions all to do with work! Relevant only for seniors. She HAD to ask the FULL question knowing I would be saying NO to them all. I do applications for his disability, by phone for reviews, adn they always ask(on the three year review forms too) that same question. I always feel like saying "Well let me know when the find the cure for head trauma" it is the same when I fill out the yearly form for the $80 my son gets as dependent on DH's disability. What do I spend it on? Every year I explain that caring for DH, autistic son and alzheimers dad kind of impacts my career somewhat, so usually we spend the huge amount of money we have to live on (about $22,000 pa) on friviolous things like food, medicines and clothing(used). Makes me wonder?
    Love Anne
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

write your state and federal representatives about your difficulties etc.

Normally they do help their constituents, as they work for you - the voter!

At least every time I have seen someone write to their reps, things start happening...

hope this helps,
    Victoria
  6. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Good one Life!!

My doctor put on my FMLA papers- where it asked for the expected duration of the illness: LIFETIME

It was kind of haunting to read it.

Z