AND WE THINK WE HAVE PROBLEMS....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Nov 4, 2005.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I just had to pass this real news item I read on:
    In Colorado, a Home Depot has found itself in a sticky situation defending a lawsuit filed by a man who claims he fell victim to a prank and was GLUED TO A TOILET SEAT.
    The man, 57 said he became stuck to a toilet seat someone had smeared glue on and felt "tremendous panic" when he realized he was stuck.
    The man was recovering from heart bypass surgery at he time and thought he was having a heart attack. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk "via radio" thank goodness but the head clerk thought it was just a hoax. (This happened on OCTOBER 30, 2003-GUESS THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A HALLOWEEN JOKE OR SOMETHING.
    After about 15 minutes, store officials called for an ambulance. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat and wheeled a "frightened and humiliated" man out of the store. He passed out!
    A lawsuit was filed that said the toilet seat separated from his skin leaving abrasions. Litigation is pending.
    The man said,"this is not Home Depot's fault but I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."
    I got a chuckle out of this and thought someone else might too. Not making fun of this man but there is some humor in imaging it happen. Sounds like a movie.
    Stinker56
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

it is funny but how awful when you think about it.

I hate using public toilets, glad I dont have to so much anymore.

He will probably get quite a hefty whack of money out of this.

love
    Rosie
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

Our local paper also ran this story. How awful for that poor guy.

Some years ago a friend of mine had the same thing happen. Her kids thought it would be funny to put super glue on the seat. Thank goodness it was in her own home though. The emergency services had to be called and she was taken to the hospital where the seat was removed.

She had a sore backside and unfortunately so did her kids because I think they all got spanked.

I'm leary of public rest rooms but now will be even more so.

Michelle
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

What a story ... I'm such a nervous ninny when it comes to public bathrooms .. I can't do that trick that some women can, when they stand up and do it? I still can't believe they can do that .. .. but I line the seat with loads of toilet tissue .. now that might have saved that man's predicament ?
    Fudge : )
    PS .. I bet those kids never do that again ! hahaha
  5. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

Quote "She had a sore backside and unfortunately so did her kids because I think they all got spanked."

That is Funny. LOL
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

When I use a public restroom.....if seat is down....I tae toilet tissue and raise the seat. That way I do not comeinto direct contact with it.

I back up to the toilet making sure the "hole" in below me, and reach down and grab the crouch of my pants and pull them to the front (so no splatters or do not accidently get my britches wet!). I also grab toilet paper to use after I am done.

Afterwards I step forward and pull up the pants. I glance at the toilet to make sure that I did not splatter......if so more T.P. and I wipe it off. We should NEVER leave any mess.

MORE T.P. for using the handle to flush, just throw in the T.P. as it is flushing.

LOL.......first time I was in an automatic flushing toilet.......I did not know that.......I thought it was one
    that I pushed down at the top and raised my foot to flush with it....Nothing........and kept trying different places.......with my foot....and as I swung my foot around
    I must of caught the lasar eye..........because it flushed........scared me......LOL.

I have tried that since and usually can not get it that way.

I also use T.P. or paper towel as I leave, I do not want to touch the door handle. This is where we catch colds, etc. Many do not wash their hands.

If a waste basket is near, I then hold the door open with my foot and toss the towel in the waste basket. If no waste basket......I toss it on the floor where a waste basket should be.

I have found out that this is the reason more and more waste baskets are now being placed close to the door.........I was not the only one doing this!