Androgel - testosterone gel for low T.. And Armour Thyroid... Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by happycfs, Dec 7, 2013.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with taking androgel. I have low testosterone, and low thyroid function, so I am on Armour Thyroid medication, and just starting Androgel, which is to be applied to my shoulder in a gel / cream form. I am a male in my thirties, housebound with ME/CFS and all the other invisible diseases. (ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, etc etc)

Does anyone have any experience; good, bad, neutral, with anything similar? Wondering what others have gone through with their own hormone replacement therapy and supplements. Men are great to hear from, though if no man has experienced this on this forum, women would be appreciated as well.

Thanks everybody!!! Happy holidays!
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Not that many guys here, hope someone can help you. Wish you luck, and hope you feel better. kbak
  3. happycfs

happycfs Member

Thank you so much for your help, my friends. Lots to think about and lots to look into. Already on my way!

I started taking the gel, along with the Armour Thyroid, and I have been in a crazy dip of my emotions. I feel so very depressed and just so depersonalized (out of reality, feel like I am dreaming though I am awake etc) ..This is TOUGH! ..Thank you once again.. Wish me luck!
  4. bct

bct Member

Hey Happy! I have CFS. I started on Androgel three years ago because my test. levels were so low. Has it helped me? I can't say it has. I am thinking of giving it a rest and see what happens.

I am sorry for your problems. Please keep us informed of your progress, and may better health be just around the corner. And give the Andro a chance if you can tolerate it.

Best Wishes my Friend,
    Barry