ANGER........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shirl517, Mar 1, 2006.

1. shirl517

shirl517 New Member

My ND thinks that repressed anger from former marriage
    to an active alcoholic for years is contributing to
    my problems. Anyone addressed this issue with
    positive results for there illness?
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Once said this to me and I carry it with me.

It is ok to be angry, the difference is whether you own your anger or your anger owns you.

That always brings me up to where I need to be.

Hope it helps you as much as it has helped me over the years.

Love Anne C
  3. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Shirl, without a doubt, I believe that repressed anger is a major factor contributing to our ill health.

From my understanding, as your body is holding onto all that repressed anger, so is your kidney and liver holding on to toxic substances that are prevalent in our food, environment, etc.

This may explain why "happy" people, the kind that don't let things bother them, are generally more healthy than those of us that are carrying around repressed anger.

As our kidneys and liver get all gunked up with all those toxins, kind of like a carbureator on a car that needs a tune up, it affects our health, allergies, pains, poor immune system, etc.

I've found that journaling is an excellent way to let go of things. Get yourself a journal and write away. You can write anything. It doesn't have to be nice, happy thoughts, just let it all out.

If you believe in God or something like that, you can lay some of that anger on Him, too.

Or you can talk to your angels. From my understanding, we all have guardian angels that are around us all the time.

Then, if you want, you can take the journaled pages that you really want to get rid of, go outside on a clear, starry night and have a burning ceremony, offer up all the anger to God, the Angels, or the Universe.

This is very empowering, believe me, and will help the process along.

This is not an overnight process. I've been working on this repressed anger thing for two years now, and when I look back on things I wrote back two years ago or how I would react to certain situations, I can hardly believe I'm the same person now.

Usually your local herb store or organic food place may hold classes that would help the process along, too.

I'm currently taking some Self Awareness Classes that help you to look at situations and yourself. Talking with others sometimes helps, too, but try the journaling.

It really works!!

Sbilek
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

that anger plays in this dd. On the other hand...

I was a very positive up-beat person before struck by this dd. The dd itself seems to bring out my anger. Not just that I'm upset at how I feel, it's more than that.

It's that noises, smells, lights, things touching me, all agitate me in an abnormal way. I'm like the princess and the pea. So brittle. Does anyone else feel this way?

It makes me easily angered.

Until I found out my dx I did tend to blame others for my pain. Or myself (self-hate). Someone had to be to blame for how I felt. Childhood? Breakup? Was I harboring resentment somewhere? Now I understand that, though those things were real, they weren't what put me here.

I don't know if this rings any bells but it has been my experience.

Sofi
  5. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Sofi, I totally understand what you're saying, too. I, too, was a totally upbeat person, until the pain. Then when the pain was alleviated a lot, alternative route, I've been able to start looking inwards a bit toward the "repressed" anger.

So now on days when some of the pain comes back, still suffer from occasional mild fibro flares when I've overdone things a bit, or if I have a relapse, it does tend to bring out the anger a bit more.

There's no easy answer and no easy solution, that's for sure, but do definitely believe the repressed anger plays a big time role, but as you've so aptly pointed out, when you're in a lot of pain, it's really hard to be a happy camper.

Sbilek
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I did some "Anger work" recently and it did help me feel better. I got a notebook and a pencil. I went to a quiet place in my home and I prayed. I am a Believer,so I asked God to help me in this process. I asked Him to help me remember the people or situations that had created anger and disappointment in my life. I did this work for 3 days because it was so emotional that I had to keep stopping after a few pages.

I was amazed at things that came up. I never thought of myself as an angry person, but doing this work made me realize that I had not dealt with a lot of issues in my life. I had just suppressed them.

It was a very painful but also a very freeing experience.

Blessings, Lolalee