ANGIECW71.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 143alan, Oct 11, 2006.

1. 143alan

143alan New Member

I was looking back through some of my previous responses to posts and ran across yours. I knew I had talked to someone about DDD and wondered how you are doing.

I'm originally from NC, only lived in TN for the past 7 years.

Did you ever go to PT for DDD? If so how did it go? I'm still scared to death to have the surgery and keep putting it off, but now I'm seeing so much increase in problems because I have put it off.

I hope things are going well for you and you have some relief from the pain I know you have to be in.

Take Care and Big Hugs
    Nancy
  2. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Yes I did go in for the first treatment of PT. But I cannot afford it..They want me to go 2-3 times a week. I am going to have to wait until I get approved for my disability. Until then I guess I am going to have to endure the pain. I am still having trouble especially with my hip and all down my right leg.Need the PT but cannot afford to pay for it right now.

I really do appreciate you asking about me. I haven't been on the comp. too much this week. I had a liver biopsy Tues. and spent the day in the hospital yesterday. I got a severe headache around 4pm wedns. afternoon up all night from the pain taking hydrocodone and oxycodone and the pain still wouldnt' go away. About 5:45am Thurs. morn. the vomitting started. YUCK!!! Bright yellow. Sick as a dog.Went to my doctor at 8 am and she sent me to ER. So they ran some test. Gave me something called dilada (not sure if that is how you spell it) and phenagrin and fluids I was dehydrated. Took the edge off so they gave me more dilada in IV and finally got the pain down to about a 2.

Still not sure what caused it. Doc. at ER thinks it was stress from being so sick and I think I got food poisin from K&W. But not sure. You are a sweetie Nancy thanks for asking about me.

Thanks
    Angie

[This Message was Edited on 10/13/2006]
  3. 143alan

143alan New Member

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm so sorry you can't afford the PT. It's such a shame that so many people suffer because they can't afford medications or treatments. I see it everyday at work and my own brother died basically because he could not afford to take all the medications he was suppose to.

My neurosurgeon told me that PT would not help my DDD at this point and would probably do a lot more harm.

I take what pain meds I can and keep on going. Are your feet hurting too? Does your pain going down the side of your legs go all the way to your feet or stop at your thigh?

I'll sure keep you in my prayers and I'm glad to hear from you, please keep in touch.
    Hugs
    Nancy
  4. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

you are such a sweetie and YES my pain goes all the way to my feet.. OH my goodness. I can hardly stand to sit or stand at times. It used to be just my right side, but the past couple of weeks it has started in my left hip so it wont be long before it makes my leg and foot hurt. Does it affect both of you legs, etc..

God Bless

Angie
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

I was told that once the neuropathy went all the way to your feet your only option is surgery and PT will actually damage your spine more than help it. They my neurosurgeon told me the same thing so I stopped chiro and PT.

I've let mine go on for so long now that the nerves running down the sides of both calves is inflammed almost all day and my whole right foot stays swollen and red and now my left foot is starting.

It's some scarey stuff so I know what you're going through. I was in so much pain today between the back, legs, feet and fibro I really didn't think I could get through the day of work. Some days I just can't imagine how I'm still working anyway. I just don't have any other options.

Do a search on some previous posts about therapies and see what's working and not working for other people. I don't want you to have more harm than good because I know what you're facing.

Take care and stay in touch. They will not let you put personal emails on here but if you want to meet some time in a chat room I can give you my email address and we can stay in touch.

Big Hugs
    Nancy
  6. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

I have heard the same things about the PT and chiro. I know when I went the for my initial visit (when I found out how much it was going to cost) the did a few things that day and the put me on this machine that had like shocke waves going through my back before I got finished my leg and foot was killing me.. Can you meet me in chat this evening and we can exchange emails. If so let me know what time. If not let me know I good time tomorrow evening.

I got doc. appt. tomorrow. So I will have to make it for evening.. I am going to stay around on line for a while. So let me know if you can meet me in there tonight.

Thanks
    Angie
  7. 143alan

143alan New Member

Sorry, I didn't see your post until this morning. I'm not good in the evenings, by the time I get off of work, get home and cook dinner, do schoolwork with my son and pick up around the house some I'm usually in bed early from exhaustion. Some days, I have to skip all the above and just go to bed. Is 1:00 p.m your time Sat. afternoon a good time for you? Or you give me a time over the weekend and I can make it work.

I think that machine they used is called a TENS machine and I hear several people say it's wonderful to help there pain. I'm afraid to try it because I don't want to take the change of having more pain than I already have. I'm sorry your experience with it was not the best but also glad to hear someone say that too.

I can't remember did you say whether or not you're taking Neuronton? That helps with the neuropathy in the legs & feet. Lyrica did not work as well for me on that so I went back to the Neurontin. They try to put people with FM & arthritis or neuropathy on Lyrica because it's suppose to work better, I didn't not find that to be true for me personally. You may want to ask your doctor about which one or something else that may work for you.

Take Care and I'll talk to ya again later.
    Nancy
  8. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

No problem, I understand being busy in the afternons. Saturday afternoon at 1:00pm will be a perfect time. I will meet you in the fibro. chat room at 1. I haven't tried either of the pain meds you mentioned.

My doctor only gives me hydrocodone 750mg and flexeril for my back. Although I will mention the neurontin when I go back in the next time. I was getting ready to ask a question, but I seemed to have lost it somewhere up there in all that fog, lol. Do you ever do that?? Well if I remember I will come back and ask. LOL,

Thanks
    Angie
  9. 143alan

143alan New Member

Yep, I seem to have fibro fog more and more often these days. I wish my Dr. would give me flexeril or anything to help with the muscle spasms.

I check here usually early in the morning and occasionally in the evening. My son's still working on some book work so I could use the PC right now. Biology is a lot more fun now than it was when I was in school....LOL>>

Take Care and if I don't talk to you before, I'll talk to ya Sat at 1:00 in the fibro room.
    Hugs
    Nancy
  10. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

I just found got your last message. I was on yesterday but couldn't find the post. I look forward to meeting you in the chat room at 1:00 sat.

{{{{soft hugs}}}}
    Angie

11. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Just making sure we are still on for tomorrow at 1:00pm in the Fibromyalgia chat room. Looking forward to exchanging email addresses.

((Hugs))
    Angie
  12. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member