Angina attack or heart problems please help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Aug 4, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi everyone,

When my husband left for work yesterday very early in the morning I was having sharp stabbing pains in the area of my heart they were subtle but noticeable!

After a few minutes they went away...........but later yesterday I had a few seconds where I felt those same stabbing pains again.

Then last night when I was getting ready to go to bed, I was sitting in the chair my entire chest tightenend up, and my upper back was tight too, almost felt like I was being squeezed and my chest having something very heavy on it!

I tried to relax thinking it is probably my nerves since Iam dealing with so much stuff right now..........and to top it off my boss called me yelling at me because "she" was having a "bad" day! So I was stressed out!

I did call my Dr's office first thing and they told me if it happens again go directly to the emergency room!

But that if it doesn't then to come in first thing monday morning and they are doing an ekg on me!

Iam "SCARED" to death right now.............heart disease runs heavily in my fathers side of the family and I know my cholesterol is higher than it really should be but Iam not on any meds for it since it is borderline high.

PLEASE if any of you have had similar symptoms write and tell me.........Iam not taking this lightly but at the same time Iam thinking it may be another dd symptom........

Thank you for your opinions and information....

XO
    Doxy
  2. board

board New Member

hello i have sarcoidosis and fms i have this pain you have i have had it a long time i have had a ecg but they found nothing it sarteds with a sharp pain in my back then it goes round to the front then its like someone siting on my chest or my bra is geting to tight i all so have tooth ech as well some times there is a condition that you can have that makes you feel that you are haveing a heart attack i will have a look to see if i can find whats it called all the best jill
  3. board

board New Member

this is what it is called (costochondritis) hope this helps you all the best jill
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

GERD (reflux) can cause severe chest pain as I've had that since January and just started on Nexium on 4/14.

My pain was always after I ate and was laying down or at night after I had been in bed for an hour or so. Some nights I would have to sleep sitting up in the bed. I let it drag on until I got pneumonia on 4/6. That is when I had the EKG and chest x-rays, pulmonary tests, etc. I had shortness of breath and a fever, though.

So chest pains don't always mean heart problems.

Hope you will feel better. Spasms could be causing that too from stress.

Hugs,
    Faye