Angry, Doc will not prescribe Anaprox for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I have written a few times about my bursitis pain I have in my right hip/buttock area. Actually, I have pain on both sides of hips the typical FM tender points.

I have seen my integrative doc who prescribed accupuncture which my body just could not tolerate. The needles were awful, I had about 5 seesions with no relief.

Next, she prescribed physical therapy. I admit I only went to two sessions, I just knew this wasn't going to work for me. My range of motion is pretty bad on my right hip side.

Next, a rheumatologist gave me a kennalog injection. It did not work at all. I am currently seeing a chiropractor, too early to tell anything much about that.

We had some left over Aleve in the medicine cabinet at home. I decided to try it and it does help somewhat. A friend of mine said I should just call my doctor and see if she will prescribe Anaprox which I found out is like Aleve, only stronger. My friend told me it's much better than

My doctor knows I am not one to take pain meds, but when you gotta you gotta. I was not asking for Vicoden or Percocet, which by the way, I don't have anything against taking. The only thing is I am a little afraid of narcotics, but know these drugs do work well for others.

Anaprox just might help me for when the pain and stiffness is worse and she will not prescribe, she want's me to go back to the rheumatologist. She told me that Anaprox will wreck havoc on my stomach and I couldn't take it long term anyway.

I was just angry and didn't see anything wrong with this prescription. It might not work, but then again, it might for the really tough times.

I just don't think docs know somtimes the pain we are in. It's not just the bursitis, but the constant pain of my FM as you all know who deal with pain as one of your main symptoms.
    Just need to vent on this one. Hugs, Chelz.