ANKOLOSING SPODYLITIS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by michellesnitcher, Apr 8, 2007.

1. michellesnitcher

michellesnitcher New Member

Is there anyone out there who sffers from AS as well as Fibromyalgia?
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

to see if someone missed this post. I don't have this, but I hope you find some answers for this question.

Sue
  3. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

My doctor ran tests on me because he thinks I have it but he never gave me the official diagnosis. He said I either have arthritis in my sacroiliac joints or I have Ankylosing Spondylitis.

The blood tests he did for it came back negative but he said they have a high rate of doing that.

my MRI did not show any ankylosing yet at the time of it but it did show significant sclerosis of the SI joint.

They haven't done anything for my back, only my fibro.
  4. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

My doctor ran tests on me because he thinks I have it but he never gave me the official diagnosis. He said I either have arthritis in my sacroiliac joints or I have Ankylosing Spondylitis.

The blood tests he did for it came back negative but he said they have a high rate of doing that.

my MRI did not show any ankylosing yet at the time of it but it did show significant sclerosis of the SI joint.

They haven't done anything for my back, only my fibro.
  5. michellesnitcher

michellesnitcher New Member

Going on Thursday for another MRI...I HATE HAVING TO LIE THERE FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS.I am almost sure that they will find nothing AGAIN..JUST PAY PAY PAY.Presently I AM wearing an el;asticated brace for my back.Nothing seems to help.
  6. FM58

FM58 New Member

Well, I did have one rhemy dx me A.S. & tell me that I did not have fibro. She tried to convince me that I needed to use Enbrel. She did give me several websites to look at find information.

This rheumy gave me an Enbrel new patient packet w/ a video - to learn how to inject myself w/ this medication. Then proceeded to get my insurance company's approval for this medication. She just expected me to learn how to inject myself w/ medication by video - not personal instruction!

Well, I decided she never showed me any proof (bloodwork) that I have Ankolosing Spondylitis. So, I never went back, never started the Enbrel. I have had nmerous other docs confirm that I do indeed have fibro, including the assisting chief of rheumatology at a very large University Hospital in NYC.

So, do I have Ankolosing Spondylytis? I never brought this up to any other doctor. I always wonder if I should.

What is your rheumy recommending as treatment for the Ankolosing Spondylitis? Has he/she given you websites to look at?