Anne

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I'm back finally...yesterday took alot out of me so I was of the computer for the rest of the day.

o.k. my kitchen has white floors with white cupboards and the handles on the the cupboards are a very light green(nice green tho)my countertops are white...it's just so plain in there so I really like to make it nicer looking and the kitchen is very bright with natural lighting.....

now coming out of the kitchen is our dining room with hardwood floors and the colour in there is a mustard colour...again it is a nice colour and we have pewter lights in there. and that's that...... any help would be great.

Ann
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I always like shades of Green same hue as the mustard.Or even a shade darker or lighter .a bronze might look good.and acsent with orange and brown
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

that does sound good too...hmmm...

Ann
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It sounds perfect to do light green.Sherwin Williams Index Card 8096 green is nice. Maybe a darker shade for the floor cabinets.(beehive 8107 that is a little more mustardy) I rather like the striation way of painting cabinets so it looks sort of streaky. Here is something that looks nice. Paint the cabinets with the paint. Then as it is drying get a cloth with a little pecan stain on it and rub it over the edges and rub it off so just a hint of shading remains.

I have also painted laminate countertops in the kitchen with no problem using the new bonders. It may look nice done in a greeny mustardy faux marble(you could use shoji,8026 carrick bend 8111 and then some darker shade as the base maybe pheasant 8120) or granite type of technique if you can do it. A great way to get the feathering is once the initial two or three colors have been sponged on, rip brown wrapping paper in a wavy line, place it down flat and make the veins using a soft brush in white paint brushing inwards over the torn paper. It really looks good.

Don't get anything with too much of a grey hue as it will be too dull looking.

Think about getting a really bright throw rug that is washable for the floor with some bright accessories, maybe even terracotta and yellows just to snap the eye.

Love Anne Cromwell
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

thank you so much....I am going to run this by dh and we'll go from there.

Ann