AnneTheresa and All of Our Canadian Friends~Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Oct 7, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! It is a special day. In fact, it is my favorite holiday. I wish you all many blessings...

What traditions do you observe with your families? It's fun hearing how other's spend their holidays!

DH and I try to break our record of how BIG of a turkey we can find! It's become a game! Our kids always want to know how much it weighs, and complain if it isn't bigger than the year before! They are 24 and 19! Since we were in our early 30's, we've hosted here at our home. Lots of people, fun, the typical family stress (lol), too much food, and cleaning up. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Enjoy your special holiday..

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 10/07/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  2. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

No one in my family likes turkey except me, so we don't do the big dinner thing. I can't polish off a whole turkey by myself LOL.

So we just stay home and hang out, it's a relief not to have to do the school rush thing for once.

:)
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!

We're having a quiet celebration this year because it's just the two of us. We're planning to take a nice meal in a restaurant (something we seldom do) and then go for a walk in the park to enjoy the autumn colours. Most important for us, is to take the time to reflect and bask in our feelings of gratitude.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Thanks for your good wishes. Our family will be getting together tomorrow, all 21 of us. We will have turkey and all the trimmings with pumpkin pie for dessert. There may be a birthday cake somewhere in there as well!
    We also have 4 family birthdays in October and we will celebrate 2 tomorrow. My Mom will turn 88 tomorrow, She still lives in her own home,although with some mobility problems. Having her with us is one of the things we are thankful for.

My best wishes to all the other Canadians here.
    Kathy
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Bumping up!
  6. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Thanks Kim

having a big get together with my hubbies family today,, got to make 2 large pans of lasagna, with no one to help me :(

Raz
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

The turkey is in the oven. This is one meal my husband loves to participate in helping cook.

We buy and cook the turkey in my mother's roasting pan. My parents have been married for 62 years! A few years ago Mom decided that she was too old to cook the turkey so took over the job.

My husband prides himself on basting the turkey every 1/2 hour and loves to hear the praise of how juicy it is! I would never be able to lift it in and out of the oven so I make sure he is told regularly what a good turkey cooker he is! LOL

At supper time we will load the turkey up and drive a mile away to my parents' farm to the big family dinner. This year my sister is home from Western Canada so 3 more smiling faces at the table.

My mom will have fresh baked pies to enjoy for desert! Apple, pumpkin and lemon pies are the most popular!

hugs Redwillow
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Bumping as this is our official Thanksgiving day. I am so thankful for this board and the friends I have made here.
    I had a great turkey dinner last night with my family.

Best wishes to all the other Canadians today.

Kathy
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It is fun to hear your traditions and your plans.

I hope this year, and the coming one, bring many reasons to be thankful!

Kim

[ advertisement ]