Annette2-Could you ask your husband a question for me??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 13, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Annette,
    Thank you for your reply about hearing loss. I am pretty sure that my hearing loss is really from the shingles or post herpetic neuralgia. I feel that fms is a symptom caused from the nerve damage that I received from the original shingles infection or break-out. The shingles attack the nerves and I believe that it is all connected together.
    Will you ask your husband if he thinks this is possible?

I posted the question " if fms can cause hearing loss" just to see if anyone feels that it did. I learn alot from this board. But I actually think my hearing loss is caused from nerve damage. I have been seen by an audiologist before. I cannot affort hearing aides right now but hoping I can save the money to buy some soon. I would like to hear what people say to me.That is another reason why I like this message board because I can communicate with other people without say Huh, Huh, Huh... Sincerely, Vicky
  2. VickyB

VickyB New Member

3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Still looking for Annette!!
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

My husband said that he has never heard of shingles by itself causing hearing loss. If the shingles creates other problems, like Ramsey-Hunt Syndrome, hearing loss can occur, but otalgia (ear pain) and facial paralysis, is more common. There are many reasons for nerve damage-related hearing loss, and it's extremely unlikely to be caused as a direct result of shingles. I hope this helps you.

Annette2
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

What about post herpetic neuralgia?
    Thanks for the info, Vicky
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

He's going to look at a book he has at work tomorrow. I'll get back to you tomorrow (Tuesday)! See ya!

Annette2
  7. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Thanks for your help, I feel I should pay for medical advice. Let me know your husband's fee.
    Thanks again, Vicky
  8. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Did you get a chance to ask your husband about the Post herpetic neuralgia and hearing loss?
    Thanks, Vicky