AnnieCrom Re: Degas'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jan 18, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hello Annie,
    I just downloaded one of the sites for DEGAS' and there
    are two Paintings on the site that they show and they are
    both Tiled "The Tub"? Isn't that highly unusual?

Anyway want you to know you should just go ahead and Post
    your Painting of the same and not fear the "Legion of De-
    cency" will get ya! His work is indeed wonderful but I
    think if the "Old" Squeeze did the modeling she would have
    missed the whole point and demaned of DEGAS' some bubble

It brings out at least that 25% French in me!

Keep painting.
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thanks my Friends!
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thanks again!
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hey Joe, you old rascal you. If I knew how to post a pic on this old clunker I would post one of me so you can see how snazzy I am!!!

I once had a friend visit from Uk, a funny Irish guy and when the waitress came up and reeled off the dressings for the salad, he quickly said, "French, mm will it touch tongues with me?" The waitress was laughing so hard she had to run to the loo.

What have you been up to my friend? I was going to update you on the in law debacle.

Now MIL has turned everything around and withdrawn completely from us for saying "terrible" things.(Yeh like the truth and even that politely!!!)

She seems to be taking the tack that WE are in the wrong here for not understanding she needs that money!!! (same she took from the trust fund that money). She seems to be doing this to punish us, but it has been really hard on Danny. He is going to "ask about our neighborhood" for a surrogate grandma, one who will keep promises and let him visit her. He has really been suffering since August when two other grandkids came into town to start ($45,000) first year Cornell, she really dumped him and started meetuing them every weekend for brunch, shopping trips, movies, drives etc. no thought for his feelings. He has challenged her on it recently and she refused to discuss it, said she thought the restaurants would be "too noisy" so Danny says, "Well, grandma you could have just chosen quieter places to eat and invited me to those." Nothing like being outfoxed by a kid with autism heh? Since then, silence. She gets dad to call and a friend of hers, but guess what, we are not playing. Dan had a real downswing due to the stress, so I am none too pleased.

Oh well, have to go, have chronic indigestion from eating turkey bacon for dinner methinks.

Love Annie Cromwell ps I just started painting in a few undertones is all on my sketch. Did not realize there were two le tubs.
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Glad ya found ME! I know how empty that "family" thing
    must make you feel. Like me with my situation, just feel
    so disrespected and taking advantage of too! Good for
    Danny! Seems like a very reasonable observation on his
    part and so unfortunate. Does Granny call the shots or
    are they equally culpable? Lots of rationalization on
    the "Old" folks part going on I'm sure. We need to talk
    about this further if you wish. You and Dan need to be
    respected and compensated for your personal and monetary
    sacrifices over the years.

Gonna ask Carla NL to get on the Chat Line with you and
    get my Email and Phone #. Are the "Old" folks cognitive-
    ly functionable?

I get an Email from "Fredericka" now and then as she is
    feeling able. Guess the rain has letup a bit up there in
    Ore. Daughter says it was beautiful today!

When in London, I ordered a Fillet at a Diner near Pica-
    dilly Circus. Waitress didn't know what I was asking
    for until the other waitress turned around and said, "he
    wants a Fill-it! (Damn French!!) Sorry about being so

IT's ok, comin' back across from Swansee to Cork I shared
    a "room" with a Cockney Brit., didn't understand a word
    he said. But he seemed to understand me! But then again,
    I was speaking the "King's English"! He wasn't!

Talk later. "K"?
    Huggles ta ya and the Danny!

[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yes, Get carla to post me to meet in chat and we can swap emails so we can say "more" as I know you and I and a few others have a lot to say that cannot be said on the boards esp wiv lections comin around.

I cannot understand cockney's either. The worse though are real thick accented Glaswegians and Jordies (from Newcastle) I love to hear them speak and get about every five words one I can understand. Paulmac here could translate!!!

I have an accent same as Sir Paul's cept I am higher toned and no where near as wealthy!!! Did I ever tell you I once danced with him when he was a struggling rock group called the Cavemen-he always liked tall blondes. I always thought he should have married Cilla Black when over Linda, as Cilla and he have been mates for years and she lost her beloved to cancer too. Cilla is my age I think, 60 and says, as I do "luv" after most questions, as in "Are ye feelin alright, luv?"

Yes, you and I and the IL's it is a bummer when they are like this. Dad is gaga, he has alzheimers which is why we are so concerned he does not know which way is up.

Havta go BBC AMerica Mystery is on.

Love Annie
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm going to Email Carla and make some arrangements to
    "meet" wiff her! Sorry that Dan is so bummed out about
    this thing. He must feel really let down by his own par-
    ents. We can discuss some possibilities on Email.

Huggles to ya and the Danny!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thanks my friends!
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope you're having a good day! I emailed Carla and rec.
    a reply from her this A.M. She suggested that you contact
    Prickles thru her website and Carla will advise her that
    you will be contacting the site. She will direct you to
    Carla and her Email.

When ya have my Email feel free to drop we a line as ya
    can. Homeland Security I'm sure already have it along
    wiff my Library records!

P.S. "What happen with 'Degas, stayed with 'Degas"!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2007]
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thanks. I was actually thinking of doing that via Prickles. I have to lie down a while today as I had the scans this a.m. which were long ones, you know you drink the yukkie stuff, have the IV etc. So it kind of wore me out as I was not expecting it to be that long. Nice folk though. Tech is a school chum of Dans.

You know this whole thing has had some positive effects though as Dan is now linked up with vocational Rehab where he can get more computer training and maybe get some dort of job at Cornell, where he used to work and is alma mata also, who seem to have a good track record employing disabled.

My main problem for me is that both he and Danny have no executive functioning skills and so if I am out, the place will look as if there was a party when I got back, even though there wasn't. I sort of a drawer and Dan or Danny goes in and it looks like a bomb hit. They are both distracted and can only think of the one thing they can at that time. This means that when I work, besides it being tough on the pain, when I get home, it was as if I was gone months, and they get so lost without the "executive director" here. This means I constantly am thinking and planning for three of us, which is tiring. They are both so lovable, but on that same spectrum where they cannot think outside parameters without getting terrific anxiety and fatigue. I don't want to get back into counseling and besides which I no longer have valid quals. these days. In NY I cannot work for the school district unless a citizen. I may try for something like Head Start home visitor or even just get a job in reception that requires no real thinking.

I may work on the Degas tonight. We watched BBC America THriller last night, I know I am biased but I think British actors are so good and real looking compared to the majority(not all) US ones who all look like clones.

Have a good day. I will hook up with Prickles over next coupla days for sure.

Love Annie
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yea. I forgot all about that procedure you were to do
    today! There is no rush as the important thing is an
    avenue has been set up for contact. Nice of Prickles
    too! Just don't know how you do it all! I admire your
    tanacity and courage. I only have to be responsible for
    myself and my biggest decision today is only if'in I have
    the energy to meet my Son for lunch. I have it easy com-
    pared to so many here.

You take it "easy" for awhile if ya can!
    Huggles to you and the Danny,
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Have done it. EMailed Prickles after I wrote thought make time here......

Hope you did get out for lunch with your son.

Been working on the painting. Not too bad. Just got the tub and the woman to paint now.

Love Annie it sure is cold today.
  13. mrdad

mrdad New Member

That's great! When ya see my last French name, you
    will think you could have guessed IT if given 3 chances!

You'll understand why I always insist with Italian Rigo-
    leto that I be presented with a tall Giraffe of Chateau

P.S. Make sure ya get all the "Pink" parts correct in
    that painting!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2007]