another boring SS question,,,sorry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MssDarla, Jun 19, 2006.

1. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

Has anyone here gotten approved for SS that didn't have alot of medical records to prove their case?

Mine is due to lost records from a doctor from another state. I didn't know about this till after I applied.

Now I am seeing a new RD doctor. I am about to approch him with the facts that I had applied for SS and I am so nervous about it.

Thanks for the replies

MssDarla
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

back up top for you~

I wish I could help Darla....... But
    I had plently of med. records.
    which I'm sure helped me alot to win my case.
    even tho I still had to fight the system and it took 2 yrs.
    Geeeeez! how'd they lose track of medical records??
    Thats very careless and I've never heard of that happening before.
    Best of luck to you with the new dr.
    :) Tandy
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he should have sold those to his new owner....they maybe in the archives...that is what we did w/our dental records...

keep applying and go through the motions...

chekc out this disabilitysecrets.com...
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Most drs are required by law to keep medical records for a certain number of years.

I would hire an atty to write one letter saying they had better find yours! It might make them search a little better.

Do you have witnesses to your decline in health? Get notarized statements from them. Especially non-relatives and former co-workers and bosses.

Begin a log of your daily symptoms now. Include drs appts, tests, findings, meds, meds results (good and bad), everything you do to help yourself feel better and the results.

Ask new dr. to accept your written history of health and decline for the new medical file.

KEEP copies of everything you do!

If you are sick and cannot work, let the doctor know this in no uncertain terms. Give specific and detailed examples of what happens to you when you try to work.

Put SSDI and/or Disability in search engine on this site for more info.

Do go to site given above for more tips.

Let us know how you're doing, we do care...

findmind
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

also if you have copies of your work evaluations...and if it shows some not so nice things on them it works in your favor....

jodie
  6. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I think they archived all of his records at the county dump because after months of searching, nothing came up. I found which hospice he was working for and wrote him a letter telling him I was applying for SSI. (He had encouraged me to apply a couple of years prior). I gave him my phone number in the letter and asked him to please call me. He called me back after receiving my letter and told me to write my medical history, meds, etc. down and send it to him and he would write the letter using the hospice letterhead. He said he would explain what happened to the records and why he was no longer my Dr.

I wrote a very detailed letter and sent it to him asking him if he would send me a copy for my records. He wrote the letter using "my" medical record word for word on his letterhead and signed it. My new Dr. referred to that letter as a basis when writing hers.

Maybe your new Dr. would accept your history the same way. Good Luck. LuAnn
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

can you possibly get records of what your insurance has paid for?

Depending on how well they cooperate/how far back they will go, you could perhaps reconstruct a lot of your history by getting the names of doctors they paid for visits, tests, get copies of past reports on mmri's etc...

don't know if that would work but maybe worth a try.

best,

V
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'd try an contact the State Medical Board with a complaint. What happened to you is not acceptable!!
    How far should those records go back? Are any of them obtainable from other Docs etc??

Sorry,
    MRDAD
  9. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

I think maybe calling them again and saying I will refer to the medical board might help.lol who knows

I feel they just don't want to send them maybe because of al the pain meds she gave me ..without a diagnosis, who knows why.

SS told me it happens all the time.

I am not in contact of any co-workers I had.

In hind sight of course I now know why I left the job in such a frustrated and angry way. I hurt and the brain fog made me feel dumb. but that is the past. anyways no way for me to contact anyone.

I did find my meds records online for that doctor and did print it out.

I think I will just have to see more drs here in Va. I am seeing a Rd doctor now. On next app I am informing him I have applied for SS.

I am going to see a head doctor I think. and maybe a chiropactor. Maybe they can help.

Thanks all for caring.