another canning question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pasara, Aug 24, 2008.

1. pasara

pasara New Member

i have an all american pressure cooker/canner model 921. it was my mom's and i don't have the instruction manual. i have only been using it to do boiling water bath, but would like to do pressure canning now. it appears to not use a seal/gasket, though there is this white rubber ring thing that is here with the accessories. i couldn't figure it out. then in an ad for one online one of the features it touted was there was no gasket. i can't find an online owner's manual.

anyone have this canner or know how to use it properly?

BILLCAMO New Member

for : all american pressure canner. I found it this way.

Many companies will mail you an owner's manual for little or nothing...

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 08/25/2008]
  3. pasara

pasara New Member

i had tried googling earlier and got everything but the american canner site. that's what was so weird. i tried again and this time it was there. i have to call them though to ask about this, can't just email.

i am still hoping to connect with someone with experience using this. i have a friend who has if not the same one, something similar, that he uses in his restaurant. but he is in kathmandu right now, so obviously not real available.

i did at least get my tomatoes canned. i peeled and peeled and peeled yesterday. it was a ton of tomatoes, and now i look at my 6 quarts and 6 pints and feel a little discouraged. it was a lot of work for that little bit. though my son said, "wow, it made a lot!" Yeah, i'm thinking, you wouldn't think so if you had been peeling the dang things all day.

today: RESTING!