ANOTHER CAR ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Feb 7, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!!!!!!!!!!

While I was at work tonight I got a phone call from my two son's.....................17 and 18.............my 18 year old says" Mom we were just in a car accident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My( youngest 17) son just got his 4x4 restored ( it has been in family for 22 years ) he has worked so hard making it new.......and he's only driven it for THREE days since he finished it!

They were at a red light waiting for it to turn green and the car behind them got rear ended and in turn rear ended my sons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my youngest ( the driver may have a slight concusion) he has a BAD headache and my other son who was in the accident with me says his abdomen hurts bad???????? He is already having trouble with his back from the other accident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of this the cops that came to the accident were so rude to my son............it is too long to write it all, but I want to know if any of you know who I should lodge a complaint with in regards to this cop that was so rude!

My son has his license..........doesn't drink...doesn't do drugs..........has full coverage car ins.......and has his registration current and the cop treated him like he was a criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is INNOCENT and did NOTHING wrong at all he was sitting still at a light for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness his truck is not damaged badly........he has extra heavy duty ( special ) bumpers for 4x4's so it saved his truck..................

Although I didn't post it here Friday I was almost struck in a cross walk by a vehicle in fact another lady who witnessed the entire incidnet screamed because she thought I WAS hit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam a WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Iam living in fear now.....I feel so unsafe in my car and in parking lots!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for listening to me vent.........I'm trying to stay strong and not "whimp" out with all of these accidents and everything else but when is it going to stop???????????

Hugs
    Doxy

[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]
  2. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Im so sorry!
    I can't tell ya when its gonna end!
    But I can tell you, God is in control!
    And everyone's alive!
    And you have sweet Cohen Matthew on the way!
    And your Fibro friends/family are here for ya, and we love ya!
    I am appalled at the cop, I hope you can find out what to do about this!
    Please watch those boy's, injuries, can still show up days later!
    Best Wishes (((((Doxy)))))
    ~Karen
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry to hear about another accident to your family members and yourself..(you just crossing a street)...

maybe you should request the insurance company to pay for a limo or buy you a plane maybe they will respond sooner...lol

you jut hang in there everything will work out...take it easy and treat yourself well.....

your friend

jodie
  4. petsrme

petsrme Member

Oh Doxy I am so sorry. I am also sorry I didn't get to talk to you last night. I just now got on the net. I am so glad your sons are ok and the truck is not badly damaged. I know you must be terrified of cars with all this stuff. I am sending you hugs and love.
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

6. jakeg

jakeg New Member

You would need to file the complaint with the police department that the cop works for. I do beleive that your son's would need to be the people that file the complaint though.
    They should have the cops name and badge number on the accident report. But beware by filing a complaint with the department it could put your son's in a target position for the rude cop and his freinds for being pulled over for any violation that they can think of.

Jake
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I think your son who was driving may need to get an attorney. Did he get a ticket? I don't know whom to contact about the policeman.

I don't remember where you live, but I'm so thankful I don't live there. Seems to be a lot of bad drivers around that area.

I have to go to the dentist today and I don't drive much. I hope I can manage to get there without getting nervous about all of this.

Matt is still having problems and even though he has a new car, nothing has been settled yet. The accident was on 11/22, and nothing is settled with the Gap insurance or injury attorney. His insurance did settle and are billing the other insurance company since their client got the ticket.

Big prayers and hugs,
    Faye
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I just can't believe it!!! What will happen to you next?

I think you and your family should live in a bubble!! LOL

I hope your sons got checked out at the hospital, just in case they have future problems as a result of this accident. I hope they are both feeling better. I am glad that the vehicle wasn't hurt that badly, especially since he had worked so hard to restore it.

It is a same that he was treated like a criminal by the police. I think all police automatically treat all teenage boys like crap! They assume they are all wiseguys who are drunk or on drugs--and that is not true!!

And, I can't believe that you were almost hit walking across a crosswalk!!! OMG, did someone put a curse on you??!! LOL

All of this is going to lead you to drink and pop some pills!! LOL

I sincerely hope that your family's luck runs better.

I'll pray for your family's safety!

Hugs,
    Janet
  9. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Doxy, I know I have rarely posted to you and for that I apologize. I am not always (he he) of *sound mind* and always fear saying the wrong thing, so oftentimes I just try and sit on my hands and be quiet. But this just takes the cake!

I have read so many of your posts to others and you never fail to be so encouraging and now you are being bombarded with all this bad luck!

First question I have is, do you know anyone on the force that you could mention this officer's behavior to? Sometimes another cop can get the job done. I have had to do this myself on my son's behalf and believe it or not, we got a written apology from the captain. Shock of all shocks!

Another thing, right now, while it is still fresh in your son's mind, could you have him write down, as best he can, what was said and done by this officer? You may be wishing you had written documentation later on because even as traumatic and upsetting as this treatment was to your son, we all tend to block things out, expecially during a time when we are already blindsided by shock.

Next thing, and I promise the last, is there a way that both sons can be checked out, just to make certain that there is or is not a concussion and the other brother, any internal injuries? Ohhhh Doxy, how I wish I could just hug you right now. But I am praying for you as hard as I can! Things have nowhere to go but up from here...right?
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I think that some cops have their minds made up about young people......if maybe they don't like the way they dress, you know the style of clothing, etc? Maybe even their hair style.....whatever.

Sometimes even...... the type of car they drive!

Some automatically judge them these days!

I would check out the cop that treated your son that way.

He should be cautioned about mistreating innocent victims of auto accidents!!

You sure are beening tested lately my dear.......hang in there!!!

Mari
  11. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Oh Doxy, I'm sooooo sorry!!!! I certainly hope your boys start feeling better very soon.

You've been through the wringer, sweetie! I'm sending prayers and lots of love your way!!!!

Kat
  12. tdavis1

tdavis1 New Member

COPS ARE RUDE. If you file a complaint they stick together. I am a law abiding citizen who has been harassed twice by the cops. You are guilty until proven innocent. They scare me to death. I have to wonder how many innocent people are in jail or how many has had to pay for legal help when they have done nothing to start with. Any way you file a complaimt with the chief of police if itsin the city and with the sherrif if its in the county. Good Luck. Tracy
  13. atpeace

atpeace New Member

Doxy, I'm so sorry that your boys were involved in an accident. It's a scary thing to go through, especially for a kid.

I'm also sorry that the officer was rude to your son. That's obviously inexcusable, especially if unprovoked, and you should by all means make a complaint it to his Captain. Having your son write down everything he can remember, word for word, is a geat idea.

HOWEVER....that being said, I think it's unfair for anyone to label ALL law enforcment officers as rude, etc. That's simply not true. They really aren't a dime a dozen ;). (That's kind of a trigger phrase for my husband, who is a police lieutenant.)

MANY officers are actually good public servants who will not be rude to you or your children. Firm, yes. Rude, no.

Again, I'm sorry for your added misery, Doxy! It's GREAT that your boys weren't seriously injured. I worry all the time about my 19 year old son driving around out there with some of the maniac drivers that are on the road!

Lori

[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2006]
  14. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Sometimes it seems like it all comes at once. I would complain about the cop - that was totally uncalled for. After all, your son did absolutely nothing wrong.

My son ran into a curb with my car Sunday night (he was fine). $1400+ worth of damage. That's the second claim on our insurance within three months. Hoping we don't get cancelled.
  15. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am so sorry there is another accident!! They say the pendulum can only swing one way for so long - it needs to start going the other direction soon for you.

I will keep you in my prayers... Did your son get checked by the doctor?
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2006]
  16. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

How's everything going?
    How R tha boy's?
    Did you get to talk to anyone about the rude cop?
    Love & Hugz, Karen