Another Classmate passed away

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

yesterday, I got an e-mail, telling me that a friend of ours, and former classmate, died, suddenly, on Monday.
    At the bottom of the e-mail it said that Steve had been living in Malaysia. I thought, now why does Malaysia sound familiar?

Because I have been reading about the Bird Flu, and it didn't dawn on me till I started reading my New's service.
    Below is the story;

Malaysia to stockpile drug in case of bird flu outbreak Wed Sep 28, 9:34 AM ET

Malaysia will stockpile an anti-flu drug in preparation for a possible outbreak of the deadly bird flu virus which has hit neighbouring Indonesia.

"The government has allocated the money. We are adopting a similar measure like Singapore to stockpile the drug," Mazuki Mohamad Isa, deputy director of the health ministry's disease control division, told AFP on Wednesday.

Swiss pharmaceutical giant Roche will supply Malaysia with the drug oseltamivir, sold under the brand name Tamiflu, which can reduce the seriousness of the disease and the death toll, officials have said.

"We are in the process of buying the (Tamiflu) vaccines," Mazuki said.

Six Indonesians have died of bird flu, bringing to 65 the number of people in Southeast Asia known to have died from the H5N1 strain of the virus since 2003. Vietnam has recorded 43 deaths, Thailand 12 and Cambodia four.

The WHO fears H5N1 will mutate, acquiring genes from the human influenza virus that would make it highly infectious and lethal to millions in a global pandemic.

But it has also urged calm, saying investigations in Indonesia had produced no evidence that H5N1 was spreading easily from person to person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight we are having our Girls Night out, with our Classmates, and I know that this will be a huge downer, as so many of us Gals were pals with Steve.
    He and his brother, started a Band, in High School, and we used to hang out at their house a lot.

He did have a Bad Heart, and I am wondering, if this is the cause. I'll find more tonight, I hope.

I was so looking forward to tonight, I will still go, but, I know how sad everyone will be.

Thanks for letting me ramble on, it's such a shock to read an e-mail first thing, telling you about, Another Classmate passing on.

Hope you all have a Great Day and may it be Painfree,
    sharonk

2. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

I am sorry about the loss of your friend.
    you must be really hurting. I hope the time with your friends will be some comfort. Take it easy. with blessings.
  3. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

about your classmate's death. Perhaps getting together tonight will be beneficial since you can talk about Steve and comfort each other.

I'll be thinking about you tonight.
    Heart hugs,
    Maree