Another Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shaylee, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

Dear Fellow Helpers:

Well I have survived another day of CFS/FM. I made the fatal mistake of taking my trash to the garbage dump (live in the country) and by the time I loaded it in the car I could barely walk to get in my car, and by the time I got back home I was in bed all day!!

I try to stay positive on this but I must admit at times it is really beginning to get me down. I am also worried about and feel so sorry for my husband, to be sentenced to a life like this with me. Do any of you men or women feel that way regarding your spouses?

May God Bless us all and thanks for any of you who write.

Shaylee
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I have days that I feel guilty that I am not working and helping pay bills but the thing is if he were the one sick I would stick by him no matter what. He took the same vows that I did at the alter. You can't beat yourself up over it. Its not like you asked for this to happen to you. And you don't have to aplogize for something that isn't your fault. I did that for far to long after I found out I was sick with this. I think that if you aplogize for it then your taking on the responsiblity of it being your fault and it took me a long time to figure out that it was nothing I did to bring this on myself. We all get frustrated with our pain and exhaustion everyday and there is nothing wrong with that, no one wants to feel the way we do. I live upstairs and everytime I climb those dang things I have to take a 30 break just go get past the exhaustion, so I know how you feel. The best thing we can do is educate our spouses about why we feel this way. When I come across something online that I didn't know before I share it with him. I have shared many of your posts with him because I had experienced simular situations and just didn't know how to express it so he would understand but you guys have given me a way to help him understand what I am going through and what others with this DD is going through. I hope that you feel better and know that your not alone and we all feel this way from time to time but we can't dwell on it and let it eat at us or we will go nuts. I have learned when something new comes along in the way of symptoms I explain it to him and let him know what to expect and go from there. Thank goodness he is very understanding and is willing to help me in every way he can. I hope that you have the same kind of loving and understanding husband at home because its makes a world of difference. I read something the other day on here that said we are grieving for the person we once were, and I agree with that and we have to realize that they are grieving too and its ok to be mad about it again we didn't ask to be sick, but we have to realize that its not our fault and we can learn to cope. Sorry I am babbling lol but I just wish you all the best and I hope you find some relief.

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

Thank you for your kind letters. Am having a CFS/FM blues day I guess. It helps so much to read your letters as I was diagnosed just last week after almost three years.

I love you all and may we all sleep well tonight with God's healing and peace.

Shaylee