Another dear friend has passed away

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Nonie, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Nonie

Nonie New Member

Dearest Friends ,

It was slightly over 2 weeks ago that our dear 93yr.old friend Pauline passed away , and now yet another friend is gone ...

A few months ago , I posted here , asking for prayers for our dear friend IKE SMITH . His wife is the famous midwest historical writter , Florence B. Smith . He had had by pass heart surgery , after suffering a heart attack , and was doing well , untill they operated on his leg veins to correct some circulation problems he was having . Well he developed a "staph" infection , and it was not healing well . They operated on it , and the packing of course had to be changed 2 times a day . The nurse came thursday morning and changed the packing , and then apparently his daughter (who is a nurse) , changed the evening one , and later he developed some hemorraging . Unfortunately this is not uncommon when veins and ateries have been repaired . He passed away about 10 PM later that night .

We , his friends , are of course devestated . He was one of the most likable persons I have ever met in my life ! He adored his family , and was a constant companion to his dear wife , Florence . They had been married since she was 16 yrs. old ! They had 3 adopted children , 2 daughters and a son , David , who was born with cerbral Palsy , and can not hear or speak . Florence would write out her manuscripts in "long hand" , and then Ike would type them on the computer for her . Her names were on the books as "author" , of course , but they were very deffinately a TEAM !

Please remember this dear family in your prayers . I cant even imagine how hard it is for dear Florence right now . THANK YOU so much for your thoughts and prayers . GOD BLESS all of you .

With much love & RESPECT . Nonie
  2. willow

willow New Member

I remember you talking about this family some time back. I will certainly keep her in my prayers. Both of my grandmothers lived longer than their partners, so I have seen both of them go thru this, One grandmother is still living and still going thru this. It is like it never ends. I hope she has her children close by, and that they are not 'too busy' for her.
    Will pray for comfort for her.

Love and Prayers, Willow
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Dear Nonie....I can't remember the specifics on this family but my prayers are certainly with his family and friends. Though he has crossed the veil to a better place, those loving him are still here, for now. I think of Rose and what she is going through with the totally unexpected death (crossing) of her husband.

Take care yourself young lady...you and yours are also a regular prayer item around here! Love Lil'
  4. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

... to my prayer list. I am so sorry for your friend's wife and family. This is a hard thing to do. We would think this would be easier for those of us who know and love Our Heavenly Father, but if it is easier, then I can not even immigine what it must be for those with out that love and faith. I, at this time live in an attitude of prayer. I do it one day at a time. I pray God's choicest blessings will be upon this family. Love and Hugs, Rose
  5. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Nonie, I will certainly pray for Florence and her family at this difficult time and for you as being such a close friend. I pray that God's presence will be very near to all and His unfailing love and comfort will be felt.
    God bless you!
    Love and prayers,
    Harmony
  6. SOULWRITER

SOULWRITER New Member

YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND I HAVE PRAYED YOU HAVE STRENGTH YOU NEED RIGHT KNOW AND THAT FLORENCE AND HER FAMILY BE COMFORTED AMEN SOULWRITER