Another Doc that knows about FIBRO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Aug 25, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I've had severe heel pain for at least 3 months now so finally went to a foot dr. Now, more things to add to my ailments. I have a bone spur on the bottom of each heel. And I have achilles heel. The back of my heels hurt so bad, that I can't even lay on my back with them on the sheet, I have to sleep on my side, which I do anyway. But, that was just an example of how bad they hurt. And, in the mornings, I cannot bend my ankles, just shuffle to the potty.

So the doc says not to walk on your feet when they are like that. To stretch first and then walk. Well, I will go potty in bed if I do that so he said then do it after I go to the bathroom. But he gave me some stretch exercises to do and come back in a month.

And, he had me pull my toes up toward my knee as far as I can, and got out his measure stick. The bend should be a ten and mine was at 5. Talk about being stiff!!

The good news is, that he knows about Fibro and says that some of this soreness and stiffness is probably from that. And I told him that because of the pain in my legs, that I don't walk with a stride anymore. I walk with small steps and more stiff legged. Sometimes, I even lock my knees so my legs don't give out.

It's just nice to have a dr. believe in fibro. They are so far and few between. My next visit, I'm suppose to take my tennis shoes and the inserts that I bought from Wally World so he can check them out and see if they are good to use or need to do something different.

Another plus, a doc that doesn't have you go out and spend a fortune on shoes and inserts and the such. Good thing cause I'm broke.

Anyway, I will do the stretchs and am anxious to see if I can get a higher bend next time.

Thanks for listening

bozey
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm so glad you're getting help and support from your doctor. It is encouraging that more and more, doctors are acknowleging that FM is a true disease and not treating people like head cases. So glad you found one!

Sue
  3. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

I have heel spurs in both feet too. I had the left one surgically removd in 1999, and it took 2 years to recover from it. The pain was unreal for that long afterward.
    I had to quit my job because it aggravated my Fibro so bad thatI couldn't stand up.
    Now, 5 years later the pain is starting to come back and I don't stand up hardly at all.
    I got my spurs because I stood up on concrete all my working career, I was in printing, and there is no sitting down when you work on a printing press.
    So, I feel for you, I know what you're going through.