Another Dumb SSDI Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kathryn, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

In several publications, I have seen the comment that the requirements for SSDI are different for those of us who are over 50, but I have never been able to find out what the differences are. I am hoping that they are more lenient, which would make sense to me, but I must remember that we our dealing with our friendly government. Does anyone happen to know just what is different?
    Thanks again,
    Kathryn
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

In several publications, I have seen the comment that the requirements for SSDI are different for those of us who are over 50, but I have never been able to find out what the differences are. I am hoping that they are more lenient, which would make sense to me, but I must remember that we our dealing with our friendly government. Does anyone happen to know just what is different?
    Thanks again,
    Kathryn
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

4. kay

kay New Member

I have been wondering the same thing. Have you found out why everyone is saying over 50 and not sayng why? Thanks Kay
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

No luck yet, but I posted my question on the weekend and a lot of people have real lives beyond our "problems". There is such a wealth of knowledge on the List that I am certain somebody will know the answer.
    Still hopeful,
    Kathryn
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

bump

Jaci
  7. nje

nje New Member

WELL I KNOW SEVERAL LADIES YOUNG AND OVER 50 THAT HAS APPLIED FOR DISABILITY,I HEARD FROM THOSE OVER 50 THAT HAD GOTTEN IT,SAY IT DON`T TAKE AS LONG WHEN YOU`RE OVER 50 BECAUSE YOU ARE OLDER AND WOULDN`T HAVE AS MUCH LONGER TO WORK AS A YOUNGER PERSON. I HAVE A LAWYER WORKING FOR ME, I ORIGANALLY FILED FOR DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY LAST YEAR, BUT SINCE THE FIBRO HAS POPPED UP HE`S PUTTING THAT ON THE LIST ALSO, I`M 52 MYSELF,MY DOCTORS ARE SUPPORTING MY CLAIM,AND MY LAWYER TOLD ME FRIDAY,HE WAS CERTAIN I WOULD GET IT, ITS JUST THAT THE SSI TAKES THEIR TIME,THEY WILL OWE ME 2 YEARS BACKTIME, AND WE REALLY NEED IT TO START SOON,ITS BEEN ROUGH TRYING TO PAY BILLS OFF 1 CHECK, WHEN YOU USE TO HAVE 2 COMING IN EVERY WEEK. IF I WAS ABLE TO WORK,I`D DONE HAVE GONE BACK,BUT I HAVE TOO MUCH WRONG WITH ME. IF I WAS YOU I`D GET ME A LAWYER THAT JUST DEALS IN SSBENEFITS, IF YOU DON`T WIN, YOU DON`T HAVE TO PAY HIM,AND IF YOU DO, THE MOST HE CAN GET IS 5000 THAT IS A SSDI RULE,BUT GET YOU A GOOD ONE BECAUSE EVERYBODY I TALKED TO IN THE FIBRO CHAT ROOM SAID THEY WERE ON DISABILITY,SO FIGHT FOR IT, YOU`LL WIN, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE 50 AND OLDER. GOOD LUCK, NJE