Another duplicate Porch 617 thread needs to be deleted !!

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback, Questions & Suggestions' started by Granniluvsu, May 22, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Moderators - I have done it again but this time it is a duplicate Porch #617 thread on the Chit Chat board. I didn't see Julie's post which was further down on the list, and has already been replied to. Normally what I would do is go and delete my thread but there is no way, on the New site that I can delete the thread. I don't think I saw a delete on the starting post to the thread, only the LAST thread.

Please advise. If someone has to do this from within please do so. I think this might be something that would be a good thing to put in on the New site if possible as on the Porch this sometimes happens. Also, as you know, sometimes other posters might want to delete their threads occasionally.

Thank you !!
    Granni
  2. PHXenMaster

PHXenMaster Administrator Staff Member

No problem Granni. We are looking into the thread delete feature and will be determining what to do about that shortly. One concern I had was that if the thread starter deleted their original post that may delete all replies to the original thread and that may not be the best solution. We will figure something out.
    Thanks,
    Darshan
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thanks Darshan for the quick work :)!! Many of us are wondering about the "missing" delete feature from the old site :)!!

Granni
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi fmbronco,

BTW, I started up a new volume 617 last week the same time that someone else did and then someone posted onto the other thread. I would have deleted mine to keep it simple, as before on the old website. However the new site is not able to do that or should I say us posters are not allowed or able to delete our own threads.

I am so aggravated, I just started this post and had it almost finished and poof , it went into cyberspace, so bear with me please.

On the Porch and Lounge threads on the Chit Chat board we have been changing the numbers of the volume when it hits about 30 posts. That was what we did on the old website and it kept things a little more orderly and easier to follow. There is really not a big deal about duplicates on most threads but this feature on the old site I thought kept things a little more orderly and easier to follow for our posters.

Most of the time it doesn't make any or much difference . If there were two Porch threads going on the same time of the same number people might get rather confused and not sure what is going on with the people on it. Although right now we don't have lots of visitors but we are trying to drum up business shall we say for our Porch and Lounge followers. We used to have quite a large group of posters who discuss a large range of topics.

I hope this makes things a little bit of sense about why I (we) wanted to delete one of the beginning post threads. We used to be able to do this ourselves on the old site but now we can't and have to ask the moderators to do it.

Bye for now.

Granni