Another Dx to add to the clutter ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MrsMarvls, Sep 1, 2008.

1. MrsMarvls

MrsMarvls New Member

Last week, I had a needle biopsy of a suspicious nodule in my lung. Immediately after the needle was removed, I developed a pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and spent 4 days in the hospital. My fibromyalgia pretty much took a vacation during those 4 days as I was on very heavy duty pain medication 3 of those days. On the third day of my hospitalization, I learned that the nodule was indeed malignant and my family and I are currently seeking as much information as we can so I can make a wise decision in choosing a treatment plan. It appears as tho the tumor is in a very very early stage and if the lymph nodes are not involved, it is stage one and things look 'good'.

The interesting thing about this all is that I started having lung problems in summer of 06 (pneumonia and other things) but it wasn't until my fibromyalgia was Dx'd in 07 that I realized THE INITIAL SYMPTOMS that sent me to the doctor in the first place were symptoms of my fibromyalgia. Had I not had those symptoms, and lung problems, I might not have benefited from a significantly early diagnosis of the lung cancer.

So I figure, the fibromyalgia has served its purpose well and it can just take a hike while I deal with the new Dx ... LOL. Yeah, right. My fibromyalgia has, of course, reared its ugly head and I have had some pretty tough days since the diagnosis (and lack of significant pain medicine). But I plan to beat the cancer so I can concentrate on one message board (here) instead of additional boards dealing with the lung cancer.

Any suggestions on how best to deal with this additional Dx along with the fibromyalgia would be greatly appreciated.
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am so very sorry to hear of your cancer. It is bad enough to have FM. You poor little dear. I will pray for you! There is POWER in prayer!

Your friend!

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I too am praying for you. I can't imagine what you're going through. You sound like a very strong and determined woman!
    The only suggestion I would make is to stay as positive as possible and pamper the heck out of yourself any and every chance you get!

Blessings and hugs...
  4. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

I beleive prayer is the answer to everything, I am glad you can look at it in the positive at this point and I will be praying for you and your loved ones. I hope all goes well for you.

((((HUGS)))))) AMY
  5. ellikers

ellikers New Member

You are in my thoughts- I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with such an intense diagnosis. I wish you all the best in your search for the right treatment!! Take care!!