Another Fibro Wave

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by revlcb, Feb 26, 2007.

1. revlcb

revlcb New Member

I've been in a sort of remission for about 6 months with FM. Tonight, while walking out of a restaurant I was limping and didn't even notice it, but my husband did. "Why are you limping," he says.

I reply that my back and legs hurt. I also told him that I feel the fibro is coming back/acting up again. I've been getting more and more tired and my bones hurt - sometimes like someone is crushing them. Guess what he said...

"I think you bring this on yourself."

I couldn't believe this came out of his mouth. He seemed to be supportive in the past, other than complaining that he thought I was on too many medications and that the medications were making me worse.

I asked him "Why would I want to bring this on myself?"

To this he had no answer...or maybe he realized that he'd better shut his mouth.

What have you all done in this situation?

Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2007]
  2. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I'm sorry you are in a flare and your hubby made a rude comment. Sometimes I think hubbies feel helpless in trying to "fix" us, so they can say some pretty insensitive things.

Mini
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Lisa:

My ex used to blame the symptoms on me.

For me: we had a divorce.

He just could not handle that I was sick, so I
    told him to leave.

And he did.

I hope you can find peace in your situation.

nyrofan

4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

People are something else. They are clueless until they live it.

((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))) I get that crap all of the time from family and co-workers.

I am now estranged from my family (because of how they have treated me over my health) except for my son (who sides with the rest of the family).

Have him read some of these posts and think about it ;-)
  5. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Sorry that this is what came out of his mouth! I hope he changes his tune if you are feeling lousy again. My dh just did that too me a couple weeks ago...telling me it wasn't fibro ..it was just that I had a bad attitude about things...SHEESH...like who wouldn't have a attitude issue at times when you feel lousy every day!