Another flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Jan 8, 2003.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

I don't know if it's the weather, which has been cold for our part of the country, or the fact that I was taking care of a 2 year old all weekend, something I am WAY out of practice at, or maybe a combination of both. But since Sunday evening I have been in the most excruciating pain. My neck actually feels like I have a whiplash, my shoulders and thighs are hurting, my elbows, hips and knees are throbbing, my hands feel like they have knives stabbing into them, everywhere I touch just screams with pain. I have been taking my pain meds as soon as I get to work every morning, and have had to take another one an hour later because I'm not getting relief this week. Then 4-5 hours later I'm taking more. Then taking more in the evening after I am home. This is the 10/500 Lortab! I've never in my life had to take so much for pain relief and it's scaring me. I didn't sleep much at all last night because of the pain, in spite of all the drugs in my system. I have dragged myself into work all week because I "have" to be here, I keep thinking I will save sick days for when it's "really bad". I'm wondering right now how much worse it will get. Honestly, this is the worst I've ever felt.
    I guess I just needed a vent...so thanks for coming to my pity party.....guess I will share Madwolf's cheese and whine.......
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

That would be moi........guess I just need a little sympathy today. I was feeling so awful last night and trying to cook a meal, and something, still don't know what, caused my hubby to get irritated with me and I just burst into tears and threw kitchen utensils. I know it's because I hurt so much, I just feel like my family just doesn't have a clue how bad I'm feeling, and I'm overly sensitive about whining to them.....I'm sure they get tired of it easily. Anyways, thanks for making me laugh, I needed it.

Karen
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Just wanted to say I hope your feeling much better tomorrow~
    These flares are from Hell! I've been in one for a good week or so.Acually its been since right after christmas!!
    Too long for me! Rest up....go to bed early,take your pain meds~Thats what I plan.
    best,
    Tracey
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you have been so sick. I'm just pulling out of a really bad flare and can empathize with what you are going through. I hope you feel better.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]