Another fraustrating office visit!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kgg, Apr 10, 2003.

1. kgg

kgg New Member

I am still trying to find a primary care physician in Gilbert, Arizona. Went to a nurse practitioner who was recommended. She said she would not continue my B12 injections "just to make me feel good". I couldn't believe it. Then she said she wouldn't continue my ambien for much longer either. I asked her how much she knew about CFS/FMS. I started to leave but I needed labs to be done. So she did a cursory exam and I left. Won't be going back to her. I am so tired of our medical system.

I have an appointment with Dr.Rigden at the end of the month. But I still need a primary. Echos recommended her doc but he is on the west side of the valley. A long drive. I am so tired of this search.

Just needed to vent. . .
  2. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

About finding a new doc? Give it a try and make a few phone calls. Really go shopping around. It helps.
    Love,
    Tibbie
  3. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Oh, I can so relate. Had my "best" doctor visit yet on Tuesday. You can see my post entitled Anybody-Should I Contact AMA about this Doc? I ended up paying $370 for this rheumy to say I was just depressed and I needed to find a church to go to because God would take care of my depression. I hope your search goes well. My brother lives in Gilbert. Have you done a search on this site for Good Doctor list? Good luck.
  4. kgg

kgg New Member

NancyW- I didn't respond yesterday, because I was too fogged. But I was horrified when I read your post. And I agree with the person who suggested reporting them to the various boards. But I got tired just thinking about doing it! I am so sorry you were treated that way.

I have tried the shopping around method of calling the nurses. They never returned my call. So I figured if they were too busy to call me initially, they were too busy an office. But I guess I'll start the process over again.

Thanks again.
    Karen