Another Geese Story thanks to De's inspiration

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Oct 21, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi all,

Let me just say this is NOT an inspirational story, or a nice poem! This is a true story that happened to me. De, this is dedicated to you as it was your Geese story that prompted me to share this one.

If you have read my bio you know that I am an avid flower gardener. In the summers this is my passion. It is great therapy for me. One summer I was on my hands and knees in my front yard working in my flowers. I live in the Chicago area where it can get very cold. However, the Canada geese (please my dear sisters in Canada, please don't take offense)have adapted to our area and they are around ALL the time. I have an empty lot adjacent to my backyard and periodically the Canada geese have family reunions in my back yard.....all 100 of them! Now don't get me wrong, I think they are beautiful birds as long as they are in someone ELSE's backyard. Sorry, I digress. Anyway, I was working in my flowers and I heard them coming! They were honking loudly up in the sky and I looked and saw the classic v shape. They were flying rather low and there were only about a dozen of them. I looked up and something told me maybe that is NOT a good idea. Two seconds later as I put my head back down they showered me.......yes green poop all in my hair and all over my blouse. It was the MOST disgusting thing. I could just hear then honking and laughing as they flew over!!! I am sure they had just traded places at the helm and the head goose said hey boys look down there.... a human. Let's do some target practice. Well De, thanks for the inspiration. LOL. I felt like we needed a good laugh today. Actually this story was taken from the Bible. Well, no it wasn't but it does say laughter doeth good like medicine. I hope this laugh helped you a little today dear sisters. You are on my minds, and heart today and in my bubble bath today I prayed for all of you indidvidually. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

That is disgustingly funny!! You poor girl! So glad you were wise enough to look down! LOL

I have been covered in chicken poo, and cow poo, in different occasions in my younger years!

Laughter is good for us!

Blessings,

Misty
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

That is so funny. I can picture it. I am sorry it happened to you. If you want more geese us Cannucks will be more than happy to send you some. Can you have a picture taken next time. lol.
    Cath
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

You sound like a farm girl talking about chicken poo. I never lived on a farm but I used to help my uncle who was a farmer. I walked many a row of beans when I was only in 4th grade. I carried a huge corn knife and can't believe my parents didn't have a cow over that one. We did a lot of things back then that would be highly inappropriate now I guess. When I was in high school I was a crew boss for a detasseling corn crew. I got to drive this machine and I had a crew of 7 girls. I had to pick them up at this ungodly hour of the morning. Well you can just imagine how responsible teenagers are about getting up early. I look back now and can't believe I survived those years. Well glad you had a good laugh. I think we all need that here otherwise we might all lose our minds. Of course I know many of us did that a long time ago.LOL Hope you are doing ok this weekend.

Love,
    Nancy
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I'll be sure to have my camera with me next time! Then you can see me wringing their little necks. Ha.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

If you think THIS was gross you should here what my students come up with. LOL. If their parents could hear them they would croak!!!!!!!! Glad you had a little giggle. I needed some giggles today as I was tempted to strangle some of those little darlings at school today!!!!!

Love,
    Nancy