ANOTHER HELP ALERT ON met life BAD FAITH AND NOT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jgavi, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

NOT.....PAYING YOU!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF MET LIFE DROPPED YOUR STD (SHOT TERM DISABILTY) LTD (LONG TERM DISABILTY).....

OR NEVER APPROVED YOU!!!

OR IF YOU HAVE HEARD ANY CASES GOING ON WITH THEM.....

DOTN WORRY IF IT WAS FIVE OR 10 YEARS AGO-----

EVEN IF YOUR ON MET LIFE NOW NAD GETTING PAID LET ME KNOW-----
    THANKS---IT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT THE PEOPLE WHO GOT BURNED BY THEM AND PAID FOR YEARS ON THEIR PAYMENTS TO THEM BUT THAN WHEN IT CAME TIME FOR HELP THEY BECAME NASTY!!

THANKS - JGAVI
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Jgavi,

May I ask what is your purpose in asking this information?

Thank you,

Lolalee
  3. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear JGAVI:

I am guessing that you are hoping to find info on any possible class action lawsuits against METLIFE? I know that Provident UNUM (my LTD company) was recently found guilty of denying claims to professionals unilaterally because they felt that with their advanced training that they could find employment out of their fields with ease. They had to pay a big fine...and apparently are being carefully watched.

I know that many law firms specialize in this type of law practice. You might try doing a google search for your area.

Hope that helps some.

Ingrid
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

I think Unum was taken to court by the Attorney Generals from several states. These attorneys received so many complaints from people like you that they put their heads together...and got results! So it might be worthwhile to report this to your state's Attorney, and/or your state's Insurance Commission.
  5. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

a law firm contacted me about met life and their bad faith actions and i was seeking others who also got turned down by met life,just like Unum case.

thanks jgavi
  6. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

a law firm asked me if there were others who had been treated un-fairly like me and a few others i know.
    BAD FAITH is the word.

i contacted a law firm who said there are several ways to go about helping people who got turned down, cut off after 2 or 5 years, etc.

did this happen to you by met life or some other insurance company?
    jgavi
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Jgavi, thanks for responding about why you needed this info. Yes, I was cut off by Metlife on Long Term Disability about 8 years ago. Fortunately, I was granted SSD shortly afterwards.

Lolalee
  8. luvnewcomb

luvnewcomb New Member

When you received your approval letter did it approve you for a certain period of time, or state that you were approved for life with periodic reviews?