Another large beautiful MOTH

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Oops I better change my profile pic. I went out to get my cart out and here is this beautiful light green moth. He/She is not quite as big as the last one but is still unusual. It was windy and had a hard time getting his spots on his lower wings.

I looked later and it was gone- Just wanted to share-Carla
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

She/he is beautiful. It is amazing that you are able to get such good shots of them.

You should start a collection and of photos of your moths (you probably already did).

Thanks for sharing.

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Gee that surely is pretty one. I have never seen a moth that pretty.

It really shows up against the background !

Thanks for sharing.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Carla. I tried to look it up on the net, but the computer gives out after a couple clicks.

If you get a few more pictures, you can do an exhibit at your next art show. A good title for this special occasion would be Moth-ers Day.

5. poets

poets Member

What a beautiful moth. It's a Luna moth. I raised a bunch of them when I was a child. I fed the caterpillars leaves off a black walnut tree. I used to collect butterflies and moths.

That's the moth in the Lunesta commercial.

The other night my son and I found a large yellow Imperial moth. We took him out on a back road and let him out. We were afraid that he'd beat himself up flopping around on the pavement.
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thanks for sharing with us.

7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Great picture, beautiful isn't it! I think it must be a fairy!
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

OOO,,,Pretty! Your becoming a Fab photographer!,,,,,S