Another local newspaper came today for more CFS Awareness!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamj, Aug 22, 2006.

1. pamj

pamj New Member

We have two local newspapers in my community, and most of you know about the article that was written last week about me & my niece spreading awareness.

Well... the other newspaper came to my house today to interview us and find out more! She had a LOT of questions about CFS, so I gave her a couple of printouts, including a copy of the article from the Oprah magazine, and she was very interested!

Ashley set out to increase awareness, and she's so thrilled that it's really happening! It may just be our community right now, but to an 11-year-old, it feels like a million people :)

Thanks for sending your kind thoughts!
    Pam

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2006]
  2. pamj

pamj New Member

You are so sweet! Ashley is definitely becoming a legend in our town! I told her she is going to start middle school as a celebrity :)

This experience has given her so much confidence in knowing that she can do whatever she sets her mind to.

She'll be so happy to hear from you again... Thanks for being so supportive!
    Pam
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thanks from me to you!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You and Ashley are doing great work. Way to go!
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Pam, I'm impressed! What a good job you're doing of being our voice.

Thank you!

Marta
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

KUDOS to you and Ashley!

Keep up the great work.

Ken
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

That is wonderful! Your neice is a very special person, she may be the next Noble Peace prize someday for her efforts.

She has done so much to be so young. I know you are very proud of her. I wish you well and thanks for making the public more aware of this terrible disease, Carla
  8. pamj

pamj New Member

Thanks so much! Ashley will love hearing all of your messages :)

She was so cute when I showed her the article in Oprah... she feels that she is a part of that too, since I let her know that we've all been writing to the magazines trying to get them to do a story on CFS, and I let them know about the work she is doing...

Her eyes lit up and she said "Wow, it's working!"

This is so cool :)

take care,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2006]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It will take some time but word is getting out. The project Rich is engaged in will have a big impact. There are simply too many people with these illnesses for them to be overlooked any longer.

Love, Mikie