Another new one!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KAZZE, Jan 10, 2003.

1. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

I've just found this site and this is my first message. I've had CFS for a while but have only recently been told what is wrong. Been through the stage where you are just relieved it isn't all in your head (I'm not mad after all!) Now the reality off it all is hitting home. Any one have any advice?
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

to the board. Glad you found it. You'll find a lot of very useful information and even more supportive friends here! LOL Kind of nice to know we really aren't crazy after all huh!
    Crissie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Kazze, welcome to our world. Yes, I think we all have been told me are 'crazy' or ' its all in your head' at one point or the other!

It is good to at least have a 'name' to call these illnesses, it was a relief to me when I was finally told that all this pain was fibromyalgia, took awhile for me to even pronounce it!

We have lots of member with CFS here, and they will be sharing with you soon.

Having Fibro, I do have some of the cross over symptoms, but not as bad as the CFS people.

Again, welcome to the board, and I do hope we hear from you often. You will lean a lot here, we have some very informed people, friendly, and supportive too.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

Thanks for the advice, it makes a lot of sence and backs up what I've been finding out for myself. Got tired of waiting for the doctors etc. to tell me how to manage, so I've been researching it for myself. That is how I found this site!
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome!! Yes, you will find this site a great help in many ways! I agree with the advice to keep a journal of your illness---doesn't have to be wordy or lengthy, just a jot here & there; helps you to look back & detect patterns which can be useful, maybe a note to avoid this or that activity, or that some food or supplement seemed helpful. It's my New Years resolution this year to finally keep an FM journal, just so I can see if there are patterns to this---also comes in handy to jog my memory for doctor's visits.

Sorry about your diagnosis, but I know what you mean about feeling somewhat relieved; now you can begin to treat CFS, instead of wondering & worrying. Glad you found us here!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

is a good idea. I've kept diaries in the past,but I would forget to write it up after a few weeks. I'm keeping this one by my medication though so I can't miss it!