Another new photo in profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Nov 17, 2007.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

I call this one "Father & Son Frolicking in The Surf". Do you like it? This is my husband and son on vacation last year. I cherish these pictures - this one shows my son having so much fun with dad.
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Oh my gosh! You are so talented! That picture is wonderful, I wish I could take pics like that. I always wanted to take a class. Have you taken photography classes? Kim :)
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for sharing!!
  4. VeniceQueen

VeniceQueen New Member

I wish i had an eye for it like you do. I am thinking about upgrading to a dslr, & maybe finding a class in my area.
    Look forward to seeing more pics!

5. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Both the picture and the subjects! Forgive me, but I tend to skim through topics and replies, but are you a professional photographer or did you just get luck with the shot?

6. kjade

kjade New Member

Photography is just a hobby of mine - I would LOVE to make something more of it but don't know how. No I have never taken any classes or anything. As a matter of fact, my mother was an avid photographer when I was growing up. She was always dragging us to places to take pics of us for her classes. She always critiques (sp?) my pictures. Rarely does she say it is a good picture.

Anyway, I tried once to read the manual that came with my camera, and I just didn't understand any of it. Stuff about apetures and manual focus.....too complicated for me.

I just think the best pictures are when you are watching your subject and you take the picture when they are not looking or "posing". Those are the ones I like best. I will continue to put more out there - I am so proud of my family that I like to show them off. and thank you for giving me more confidence in myself - I mean that!