Another newbie with questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wahlerz, Oct 14, 2005.

1. wahlerz

wahlerz New Member

Hi everyone. I'm attempting self-diagnosis since the doctors don't seem to be very good at it. I'm 37 and was diagnosed hypothyroid in July. I've been on medication since then, and my lab numbers are now "normal." However, I feel even worse than before I was diagnosed. I wonder if any of you are feeling these same symptoms? I know many symptoms of many diseases overlap, and I'm just trying to find out where to turn next.

Flu-like aches
    Chronic low-grade fever
    Fatigue -- worse in afternoon/evening (I sleep well)
    brain fog
    dizziness upon standing
    memory loss/trouble concentrating
    Muscular neck pain/pain in lower back

... just to name the worst ones. Does anyone else experience these, especially the flu-like feelings and fever?

Thanks very much.
  2. believer1059

believer1059 New Member

Yep...Sounds realllll familiar! I hurt and I always feel like I have the "flu" too. Right now my shoulders hurt soooo bad that I could just cry. I went to the dr. and she said it's just the fibro acting up again. I've been through all the tests too. Blood work, nerve conduction, etc. I've been told...."Maybe it's RA, maybe it's Lupus...maybe it's MD or MS." But, no one can tell me for sure. They keep saying it's Fibro, Fibro, Fibro. I'm scared something really bad is wrong, but what can you do? Don't feel all alone in the world.....unfortunately there's lots of us gals out here! Did you know that chronic fatigue syndrome comes along with it? That's the reason you sleep so well maybe. Well, keep in touch. Misery loves company so they say! LOL!

Hang in there
    Carolyn
  3. spasco

spasco New Member

That sure does sound familiar, plus some. FMS and CFIDS walk hand in hand much of the time. If you have the tender points, you likely have FMS.

God bless! Stephanie
  4. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

I have FM & CFSall the above sound very familiar.

hugs
    brit
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Has your adrenal function been tested. Taking thyroid hormones when you also have untreated adrenal insufficiency can make your symptoms worse.

“Thyroid hormones are generally contraindicated in patients with uncorrected adrenal cortical insufficiency.”
    Physicians Desk Reference