Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SolitaryDancer, Aug 3, 2006.

1. SolitaryDancer

SolitaryDancer New Member

Finally I found a Rheumatologist who believes that the pain, fatigue and brain fog I have are real. He believes I have Fibromyalgia but is running a CBC, CPK and sed rate test to make certain nothing else is going on.

I am so happy to find him. No I find this board. So much help all in one day.

He has me taking 50 mg Trazodone and 10mg of Flexeril at night and 100mg Provigil as needed in the morning.

Does anyone have any experience with these meds?

I am really worried because my brain fog lasts for half the day and I am a quality engineer for a software company and there's no room for a brain fog. So far I am managing but it's tough. Do you think these meds will help?

Deb
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Welcome. Glad you found a great doctor. I have no experience with the meds but wanted to say hi.

Love Anne Cromwell
  3. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I think I've had Trazedone before but don't remember now why I don't take it any more. I have tried Flexeril and that will knock you flat on your butt if you take it during the day. It took about 2 hours to hit me but when it did...phew. And that's a muscle relaxer too! I haven't tried Provigil. What type of medication is that?
    Anyway, welcome!
  4. SolitaryDancer

Thanks for the welcome. I think this is going to be a nice place to hang out.

To answer your question Provigil is a drug used for narcolepsy and is a stimulant. My Doc says in lower does it can help with the morning brain fog. It's an as needed drug so we'll see how that goes.

Deb
  5. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

and I'll go for periods of time without checking in and then I come back. I've used it for several years now and I really like it. I use one other board but don't know if I'm allowed to post it so guess I won't. It's really good too.
    I live in Texas. Happy to have you on the board.
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Welcome. I'm glad you found a rheumatologist that believes your pains are real. Doesn't that feel validating?!

I don't have experience with Trazadone, Flexeril, or Provigil, but I imagine a lot of people on this board do. And there's a lot of information on brain fog.

If you don't get all of the information you need or want, "bump" up your message by typing "bump" in the title.

Kholmes
  7. SolitaryDancer

Oh my yes! It was very validating finding a Doc who didn't look at you like you had three heads. LOL

I also am thrilled to have found this board. It is wonderful to share with other folks that understand what you are going through.

I'll be a pretty regular visitor, you can count on that.

Deb