another newbie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lptopcat, Sep 7, 2006.

1. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Ihave answered a few posts here, but I have not formally introduced myself., so here is my story:

DX with FM 6 months ago, but have had it for at least 15 years. It got worse, I guess "trigger", when I had surgery on my neck, diskectomy w/ fusion, back in April 2005.

Like others, I have tried to deal with this DD on my own. Finally went to pcp who referred to rumy. As I said in another post, neither DR is willing to give me a stong pain med. Skelaxin (sp) and various muscle relaxers only.

I have the insomnia (taking ambien, works about 4-5 hrs), never feel refreshed....

I have depression, take celexa

And I work full time-very difficult to get thru most days, but reading this message board makes me feel better, just knowing that others have the same problems I have.

((((gentle))) to all

2. toughone

toughone New Member

You've come to the right place--very caring and helpful people here. I'm fairly new, too, and already feel right at home.

It's rough when doctors don't care enough about the pain we suffer and won't offer help accordingly--perhaps if they had to spend a day in a Fibro body, they would be more than willing to work with us!

Take care of yourself, rest often and be sure to visit this board as much as possible--everyone here understands what you go through and offers all the assistance you need...

Bonny
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I am fairly new here and everyone is really friendly.

I have FM too, I am impressed with you being able to work full time. I had to quit about 2 years ago...

You are right, just knowing that others have the same weird symptoms is wonderful. Here we fit in! LOL

hugs Marion (Redwillow)